Original topic:

Sound fails to function on USB-C plug-in ear phones

(Topic created: 04-04-2024 10:22 AM)
Roninator2
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

Good day community (Samsung),

I have an issue with using USB-C ear phones. The one I have has the built in mic on the right cord. I don't remember the make (basic corded ear phones), might have come from my S21 for work.

The issue is that if you plug the ear phones in and start playing sound / voice call / video or whatever, the sound will come through the phones built in speakers. While the sound is playing if you unplug the ear phones and plug it back in, then the sound starts playing through the ear phones.

If you are listening to sound on the ear phones and pause the music, then resume, the sound will not continue playing on the ear phones, it will go to the phones built in speakers. Unplugging the ear phones and connecting it again makes the sound go back to the ear phones.

I do not see any option that can say use plug in device when connected.

I've tested this on our new Galaxy S24 Ultra and Galaxy S24.

Thanks for any help

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
BlueSkies
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Have you tried using Samsung headsets or a different brand? I haven't had issues using Samsung own branded ones

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
Solution
BlueSkies
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Have you tried using Samsung headsets or a different brand? I haven't had issues using Samsung own branded ones
0 Likes
Roninator2
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

I could not find a Samsung brand headphones that I could buy. They are all wireless and that's not what I want.

But I did buy some new ones that say they are compatible and just received them today and tried it out. They worked. 

So that leads me to believe that somehow not all headphones are the same.

The ones I used previously had volume controls on the mic part. That type seems to not be compatible.

0 Likes