Original topic:

Galaxy S24: General Feedback

(Topic created: a month ago)
Gilligan01
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

I have had numerous Cell phones, right from the beginning. I can remember back in the 90s when I got my first few Motorola flip phone. So cool, like discovering fire or the wheel. When the first Apple iPhone came out, I adopted it immediately. Mind, blown. As the years progressed, and as technology exponentially advanced, I upgraded to every new iPhone. Then, one day, Motorola released their Android device. I couldn't help my curiosity and bought one immediately. As phenomenal as the first iPhone was to previous devices, so was the Motorola Android device. Loved how it said in a robotic voice, DROID, when I powered up my phone. I am ashamed, I often powered down my phone and then restarted it just to hear, "Droid". I had a couple of over praised iPhone after that, but I always gravitated back to Galaxy phones. Since the Galaxy 9ish, I think, I have only purchased Samsung Galaxy flagship offerings. My last phone, traded in yesterday, was the S22 Ultra. That was hands down the best Cell phone I had ever had. Yes, it was so much more than a phone. It was perfect in every way. I had no need to even think of upgrading. The S23 Ultra brought some very cool upgrades. However, I was absolutely content. About 4 weeks ago I needed to get new hearing aids. I am not deaf, however, my tinnitus has gotten to the point where I need to upgrade them. The pair I selected needed Bluetooth 5.3 and also, as a bonus, could interface with Auracast. Guess what, only one group of phones, specifically for me, the S24 Ultra, met both requirements. For that reason only, I traded in my beloved S22 Ultra. 

OK, let's stop right here. My mind exploded yesterday, as well **bleep** all day today. Not only does it meet my new needs, yes, I am an old first responder. The sirens have taken their toll to be sure. It has this new AI tech that is nothing short of a miracle. I have only scratched the surface so far, but WOW!!! I have said it a 100 times if I have said it once. This is the very best device I have ever had. I am sure Samsung has many more innovations to code in the future. For now, I am surely in love.
5 Replies
Robin621k
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24
I am so glad you are loving your new S24 series phone.

Glad to hear it works well with your hearing aids.

Thank you for giving to your community by serving them as a first responder!
Rayzer
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Welcome to the club. My first cell phone was in my car, and my first portable was in half my briefcase. I thought today about all of the Samsung devices owned over the years and still have around. Including my first Galaxy 4 phone and an S8 Plus that I keep as a spare. You got to hand it to them, they know how to do it right.
Gilligan01
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
You are so right. I forgot about my car mounted phones, I had a few of them, .68 cents per minute, and then .44. Never had a bag phone, wanted one, but just did not have the ability at the time. Time sure, flys. I remember about 15 years ago one of my kids asked what kind of phone I had when I was a kid. "The one with the really long cord from the kitchen was my answer, lol.
NicoNi4Lyfe
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Awesome post, really enjoyed reading about your history of cell phone usage!!!

Enjoy your s24 Ultra 😎
Gcure01
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Yah! It worked! Ty,³!