Original topic:

Wireless Charger Overheating S24U

(Topic created: 02-24-2024 09:44 AM)
Options
Galaxy S24
Hi community,

I've tried 2 different fast wireless charging standa from Amazon that were highly rated but they both overheat my S24U, causing the device to stop charging. 

Do any of you know of a fast wireless charger that won't overheat the phone so that it will charge to full without stopping?
0 Likes
16 Replies
Options
Galaxy S24
Stick to using Samsung cords and charger bricks. I was using other brands and similar items from 3rd party suppliers and had same issue.
rodstone25
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Don't use the usc cord that comes with the phone. It only supports 2 Amp, make the cord supports 5 amps
0 Likes
rodstone25
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Sorry I misread the title
Options
Galaxy S24
Bro use the Samsung wireless charger duo. I have had amazing progress with it versus even the highest rated Amazon chargers when it comes to wireless. When you're using a Samsung phone, and you want wireless charging especially fast wireless charging, you must use Samsung chargers. This duo is your key, I too tried cheaper alternatives and either they never hit more than 10 watts or they had no active cooling and completely smoked my phone in the first few minutes. I would always leave the app inware up when using a new charger and monitor battery temps for the first 10 minutes or so to avoid any damage. Even though the duo is very compact and only has fan that is literally silent on full blast in a room with no noise whatsoever, but it actually also will give you the full 15 Watts so long is your battery is under 50% otherwise you're stuck with 10 to 12 watts. The plus side is you can charge your buds 2 pro or Galaxy watch at the same time. I have fully recharged my Ultra a couple of times now using it and while my phone is warm to the touch by 85%, it's not alarmingly hot. Any other charger has made this phone scary hot. I'm even charging straight through a magsafe compatible case with this wireless duo. So long as you're lined up right, it will charge right through that metal ring since it's hollow in the center. Spend the extra money, you just bought a $1,400 phone, don't destroy it by trying to save 20 bucks on a wireless charger from China on Amazon. Any other phone brand I would say Amazon's fine but Samsung has their own protocols for charging and they are extremely strict with third party chargers very much like apples MFI.
Options
Galaxy S24
Thanks for sharing your experience, going to grab a Sammy Duo now!
Options
Galaxy S24
Make sure you get the one that includes the power adapter! They sell two versions, one with the 25 watt fast charger and cable and one that is just the wireless charging Duo pad with no charger. Unless you have a Samsung brand 25 watt fast charger that is USBC to USBC lying around, it's smart to get the one that includes that in the box as this wireless charger will specifically only work with the 25 watt Samsung fast charger or the 45 watt super fast charge 2.0 Samsung charger. I have both but I like to have both options open without having to switch cables and bricks around so I'm able to just leave the Duo plugged in to its dedicated charger at all times and still retain my two other 45 watt chargers in my house. 20240224_135209_1000007024_1708800730.jpg
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
Perfect and thanks again for the guidance. I believe the one with the charger is the $89 setup.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
Are you sure? I would double check if I were you because I bought mine about 3 or 4 months ago and I only paid $68 for the one that includes the charger. I didn't have any promos or anything so I know that was the base price. It's hard to believe that Samsung would have increased the price of the product as it's gotten older. I still have the original invoice for mine and if you're correct, you're paying 30 more dollars than I did and I bought mine directly from the Samsung shop app.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
I actually found one on Amazon for $45 and it does include both the 25W charger and a 1M cable so I pulled the trigger! šŸ™ŒšŸ»
0 Likes