Original topic:

Connection to watch lost, couldn't restore galaxy watch 5 data

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
omar_g
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I accidentally uninstalled the galaxy wearable app and had to reinstall it, but the watch got disconnected from my phone and so i was forced to reset it. Ive had this happen many times before so this time i was smart enough to have it backed up and when i get to the screen where it lets me choose which backup to restore i do get the option to do it. However after it takes a few minutes to load it ends up saying "couldn't restore data" because  "the connection to watch was lost".  I tried many times, reset it many times, it still does the same thing. Please help!!Screenshot_20240527_215924_Smart_Switch.jpg

1 Reply
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your concern with you watch becoming disconnected and being unable to restore you watches software. Just to clarify did you remove the Bluetooth connection before trying to reconnect? Give this link a try for some troubleshooting steps for watches having trouble reconnecting to the phone: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Watch/Galaxy-watches-won-t-complete-setup-with-phone/m-p/...

0 Likes