Original topic:

DISABLE WRIST DETECTION! GALAXY WATCH 4

(Topic created: 09-27-2021 06:22 AM)
Options
Galaxy Watch

SAMSUNG. MAKE THIS HAPPEN VIA AN UPDATE AS AN OPTION.  Galaxy Watch 4 hardly gets notifications AT ALL and it keeps relocking the watch after I use it when I clearly am wearing it correctly. This shouldnt always be doing that. In order for me to use Samsung Pay, I have to have the lock on the watch. When on the Active 2, all I had to do was have a lock for Samsung Pay it self and not have to lock the watch. This is very frustration and I just spent almost $300 on this watch. Please fix this. Notifications should be coming through all of the time. There should even be an option to allow notifications to come through even if the watch isnt worn. Like it was before. Please FIX THIS. Its a serious problem!

80 Replies
Jaystarrockzz
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have had the watch for about 2 weeks. I notice now with the watch on it keeps locking. I don't want to disable the feature because then I can't use Samsung pay. Does anyone have and tips for this issue?
Home_in_BKK
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Watch

I don't think there is an option yet, if you use S-Pay or G-Pay.  There is no security at the Pay app level so it's locked once the watch is off your wrist.

Jaystarrockzz
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
It's odd It locks when worn. Everything I raise my wrist it is locked. It just started doing this as well. I might just have to disable to lock feature and give up Samsung pay on the watch and use it only on the watch. Long as it keeps locking I won't get notifications. Hopefully they fix this bug
Home_in_BKK
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Watch

Do you have tattoos where you strap the watch?  There are reports of the issue, the watch sometimes not detected.  I wear my watch about 1/2 inch above the wrist bone and it has been no issue.

0 Likes
Jaystarrockzz
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
I do not have any on my wrist. Now I'm not getting notifications either and the notifications are turned on in the watch settings. I even restarted watch and phone and nothing.
0 Likes
Home_in_BKK
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Watch
Check the watch software update. Mine is BUI5.
0 Likes
Jaystarrockzz
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
Mine is as well just updated it 5 mins ago
0 Likes
Home_in_BKK
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Watch
Try re-starting the watch by turning it off and back on.
DLPJM
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

My Watch 4 also locks regularly when wearing even though I have it on tight.  My old S3 Frontier had the unlock option to when you tried to use Samsung Pay.  I don't mind unlocking after I take off watch and then put back on but having to unlock regularly while wearing is a pain.

Home_in_BKK
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Watch

Trying increase "screen timeout" and see if it would help.  

0 Likes