Original topic:

DISABLE WRIST DETECTION! GALAXY WATCH 4

(Topic created: 12-01-2021 06:42 AM)
Options
Galaxy Watch

SAMSUNG. MAKE THIS HAPPEN VIA AN UPDATE AS AN OPTION.  Galaxy Watch 4 hardly gets notifications AT ALL and it keeps relocking the watch after I use it when I clearly am wearing it correctly. This shouldnt always be doing that. In order for me to use Samsung Pay, I have to have the lock on the watch. When on the Active 2, all I had to do was have a lock for Samsung Pay it self and not have to lock the watch. This is very frustration and I just spent almost $300 on this watch. Please fix this. Notifications should be coming through all of the time. There should even be an option to allow notifications to come through even if the watch isnt worn. Like it was before. Please FIX THIS. Its a serious problem!

85 Replies
Home_in_BKK
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Watch

Mine is only locked during my sleeping hours with the CUID update.  It was not before.  It's not affecting my currently routines.  Samsung should look into what is causing this or disclosing the changes on the software updates.

userbztKVfBzXl
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Not getting notifications on my watch with my left arm which is tattooed but works fine on my right wrist with no tattoos. The wearable app doesn't have an option for getting notifications while not wearing which would fix the issue! So frustrating 
Culverrd
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Same issue 🤦🏼‍:male_sign:
Sonicb17
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
So, my main complaint at the moment with the watch 4, is after I started using Samsung Pay, I have to unlock the watch itself. When I first got the watch 3, it was like this, but in a later update, you only had to unlock the watch only when using Samsung Pay. It would be great if this could be implemented on the 4 as well.
DannyBoy91
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
Same here.
0 Likes
user36PGL7Nle0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Ok, 3rd day with the watch and this is absolutely killing the experience for me. You have to have a lock on it to use the Pay App. Fine. But in 2 hours this morning, I havent taken the watch off and I've had to enter the pin 17 times (yes, I counted)

I have rebooted. The watch is now on so tight that the band is leaving an indentation mark on my wrist..... what are you meant to do ??