Original topic:

Does the Galaxy watch 6 have a better battery life than the galaxy watch 5?

(Topic created: 02-20-2024 07:03 PM)
PghLei
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

T-Sprint(T-Mobile but I was a long time Sprint customer), talked me into getting the watch 6. I have the watch 5 that I love to hate because of the battery life. I rarely wear it because it struggles to last for my 12-18hr work shifts 😒

My 5 is the LTE version but I never got the service due to the battery. 
The nice guy on the phone (I was calling about my sync tracker 🥴) said the watch 6 battery life is better. So I said "okay" I'll take the "free" LTE watch🫠. Is it true about the battery life? And will I be able to use my non oem watch 5 bands?
Oh, and will my watch come bloated with T-Sprint stuff? I bought my watch 5 from Samsung and I don't want all the bloat on my watch 😑
Thank you in advance for your help ☺️
4 Replies
Robin621k
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Watch
Which watch 5 did you have, which watch 6 did you get?

Bloatware from carrier, I doubt it!

I have the watch 6 Classic 43mm I get with LTE about 32 -36 hrs
I don't use AOD, lift to wake. I consider that exceptible battery life!

My watch 5 44mm definitely got better battery life

Trade off for me, I wanted the rotating bezel more than 2 full days of battery life!
PghLei
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have the 40mm watch 5 and the 6-40mm is on the way. My wrist isn't big so the bigger watches are too much.
And thank you for help.
The only thing I have is the lift to wake on my 5 but it doesn't work all the time, I still have to tap it for the time.
0 Likes
Robin621k
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Watch
I had the watch 5 40mm for 2 days before switching for the 44 mm. I have small wrists, too. You get used to the bigger watch.

Little watch, little battery
PghLei
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thank you so much.