Original topic:

Finally. Notifications on the Galaxy Watch 4 and staying Unlocked!

(Topic created: 10-01-2022 10:22 PM)
Options
Galaxy Watch
So. I'll say. I ranted and raved how notifications were not coming through or were a hit or miss on the Galaxy Watch 4. I was mad and frustrated. Then found out maybe it's the tattoos and not making contact with my skin right. Well my Galaxy Active 2 worked correctly no issues. So cleaned it real good. Changed everything in the settings on the phone and app to no avail. Deleted end redownload we the app, restarted it over and reset it over and over. I was getting ready to send this back. So then. I pushed it up my wrist about an inch from where I used to wear it. You can see my tan line a little from where I always wear my watches. Hours and hours later and I'm still receiving notifications and it's staying Unlocked took it off and on and put it in the same spot and it has been fine. Used Google Pay twice with no problems today. This has been the culprit. So for everyone complaining about notifications being a hit or miss, do this. Put it higher on your wrist and make sure the band is snug. I have a stretch band that I can adjust to make tighter. Not super tight but having it on the skin good. I believe the bone in my wrist might have caused the issue. Never had a problem with my other galaxy watches but this one just has to be this way. And guess what? I have tattoos as you can see. No problems. I'm finally happy.

61 Replies
Britany27
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yea I kinda figured that but that's why I always had my active 2 on notifications even when not wearing it and for whatever reason they did away with it.
0 Likes
ChazzP12
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
You have to wear your watch high & tight cu of the tattoos where your watch is spose to be... for some reason the watch doesn't work right while being worn over tattoos... watch won't show notification because of the tattoos
0 Likes
Britany27
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I get it's because of my tattoos that it's not recognizing that I am wearing it even when it is high and tight but I have to wear it to the point it's so tight it's uncomfortable. When I had my active 2 watch I could place it on the setting where I would get notifications even when not wearing the watch and it didn't matter how high or tight or how many tattoos I have my watch would still go off. They took that option away and now I did not get notifications unless the watch is higher then it needs to be and tighter then it should be.
0 Likes
Frankieej
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I bought the watch 4 recently after having the gear S3 for years. I love the watch but I'm having the issue where every notification that comes in is silent whether on sound mode or on vibrate.  The screen doesnt turn on when received even with the setting on. I even got a call from my neighbor earlier with the watch on vibrate and the watch was still silent when notifying me. I tried everything and read countless tips online to see what the problem is and still nothing.  I even bought a second one but still nothing fixes it. Im thinking its because it has something to do with the s22 because i gave my first one to my wife and it works prefectly with her S9. 

Please anybody having the same issue and have an suggestions?
Options
Galaxy Watch

submit an error report on SSM after replicating the issue
Samsung Members app > Get help > Send feedback > Error reports

0 Likes
Britany27
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Hello. I am having that issue as well. They took aware the feature that you don't have to be wearing your watch to get notifications. So now you have to wear it and if you are not wearing it tight enough or have tattoos on your arm like myself the watch does not register you are wearing it. I have put messages in these chats multiple times about it for them to being back the feature where the watch doesn't have to sense you have it on your wrist just to get notifications.
Frankieej
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
That makes total sense! I have sleeves myself and both arms it wont work because it says I'm not wearing it. I noticed one or 2 times it did vibrate on me only because i measured my heart rate manually right when i got a text thus making it sense that I'm acutally wearing it.
0 Likes
Britany27
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yea ever since I got it I have been trying to get samsung to bring back the notifications when not wearing it like the 2 and 3 had. But I haven't had any luck yet
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch
Both of my arms are completely sleeved, and I'm not getting ANY notifications to come through. Every single Samsung/Galaxy watch I've had prior to this one allowed you to choose the notification setting that sent them to your watch even if it "thought" it wasn't being worn. Samsung/Google decided to take that feature away from us on this one. I was guaranteed by Samsung reps it would be added in an update. Now who knows if that update will be in a week, or a year. It was a STUPID idea to remove this option Samsung. Those of us with tattoos would like for our watch to serve it's basic function. The pic I've attached shows the setting you could toggle off on every other watch they've had prior to this one.Screenshot_20210915-012433_Gallery_16308.jpg
0 Likes
Nicknak87
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
I couldn't figure out why my 4 wasn't working. This is totally the reason. I hope they Bring back that old setting soon. I miss it.
0 Likes