JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Fit 3 BT connected to phone for GPS tracking.

(Topic created: 03-12-2024 04:17 PM)
Options
Galaxy Watch

So I bought my wife the Fit 3 and it seems to not be syncing up to the Samsung health app correctly. The Fit 3 will auto detect her walking and will record in on the watch but nothing shows under exercises under Samsung health after a sync with the phone? Also the only way a GPS map will show is if the walk is started on the phone itself? What needs to be changed to get this to work correctly?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options
Galaxy Watch

Here us what I have discovered:

After a second GF3 (Galaxy Fit3) arrived yesterday for myself and I paired it to my A52 4G and did testing with it and it worked just fine connected to the phone via BT and also worked fine not connected to the phone as far as updating steps, active minutes, calories, etc, I  then went back and checked my wifes phone and  what I found on my wifes GF3 issues is that when I initially set it up for her I tried to get it paired and working with her LG G5 but it never would connect. However that LG G5 did still have her Samsung Health App on it with her Samsung Health Account. I then set-up her Fit3 on my old Essential PH-1 and it connected just fine and everything was hunkydory.. or so we thought. For some reason the Samsung Health App in her name on the LG G5 phone would reset her Samsung Health Stats when it connected back to BT on the PH-1! yeah I know.. go figure that one out... but as long as she took her PH-1 and kept the Fit3 connected via BT to the PH-1 everything worked perfectly. So... the only thing I can think of is that the Samsung Health App.. via Wifi back to her Samsung Health Account in the cloud was doing something that I do not think it should be doing and resetting the Fit3 stats back to whatever it was previously before she did her walk/exercise. I doubt many people would run into this problem as how many folks out there have the same Samsung Health Account running out two seperate phones?

I hope I explained this well enough and did not lose anyone in my post. Feel free to ask me any questions or ask me to test something about the GF3.

Thanks for reading and have a wonderful day! 😀

View solution in context

0 Likes
10 Replies
cwinkler
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have a Watch4 so can't speak for the Fit3 but can give my experience. I usually start my workout (usually walking) on my watch (and leave my phone home).  By starting the workout and telling my watch I'm walking, it will track GPS and give me more details on my exercise session. If I allow the watch to auto-sense the start of a workout, I won't get the detailed GPS tracks and some of the data. In Samsun Health, to see the auto-start workouts you have to click on the 3 dots on the Workouts screen and tell it to show auto-recorded data.

CWinkler
Galaxy S24 Ultra, Active4
Galaxyfit3sucks
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I contacted Samsung about this issue. The reply I got was to buy a Samsung phone. I have Xperia 1 android 11. My fit 3 is in the trash can. 

Options
Galaxy Watch

Yeah it looks like Samsung really does want to be the next Apple! Walled garden and all! I have a not so cheap Galaxy Watch 5 and a not exactly free Galaxy A52 and guess what.... I do not get camera controller app just because I could not afford an "S" model Galaxy. There are $30 trackers out in the wild that let you control the camera on ANY Android phone even if the phone costs $100. ðŸ˜­

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thanks for reaching out. Support for US products is the focus of this forum. As your device is a non-US model information is severely limited. We kindly suggest that you use this link to look for a support team in the area your product was manufactured in: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocation.html

Additionally, if you scroll to the bottom of the page on the website for your region, you might discover that your nation provides its very own support forums, just like this one! Just look for the Community Option.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch

Ok so I have discovered a major issue with the GF3 and syncing to the Samsung Health App!

If your Fit 3 is connected to the phone, which is BT only as the GF3 has no WiFi, and you walk with the phone on you the step tracking will match up just fine. If you walk without the phone on you the step count does not go up at all if it is still connected via BT back to the phone! If you disconnect BT (turn off BT on phone) and then go for a walk the GF3 will count the steps and show them on the GF3 but as soon as you reconnect BT back to the phone and Samsung Health syncs all those steps get wiped out! 

This is a VERY MAJOR BUG! 

mihaigavanescu
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I confirm the same behavior of two Galaxy Fit3 devices acquired in Romania - all updates done but no fix so far.

Options
Galaxy Watch

Thanks for confirming the issue! I have a second Fit 3 arriving this week to test on. I am sure Samsung is now aware of the issue and will release a firmware update for the Fit 3 soon. 

0 Likes
mihaigavanescu
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have also noticed another bug: if you use the sleep mode on the Galaxy phone (S23 or A54) and Fit3 is in sync with the phone regarding modes then there is a big decrease in battery percentage over the night, like 15% or more. It does not happen if you do not use the sleep mode. Perhaps the heart rate monitor is continuously on. There are others who noticed this bug too. Is Samsung regarding its users base as alpha-testers?

Options
Galaxy Watch

Thanks for that info. I will also test that on my A52.  

0 Likes