Original topic:

Galaxy Watch 5 swim backstroke

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
Rikalyn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

My watch is inaccurately counting lengths and is counting breaststrokes as backstroke. It was working fine about a month ago and now is off. I have tried restarting changing how I wear my watch and nothing has changed. 

13 Replies
St3v3C
Sun
Options
Galaxy Watch
When something similar happened to me, the only resolution was a factory reset and new setup
Rikalyn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thanks for the advice I did try this and it is still showing all back strokes instead of breaststrokes.

0 Likes
St3v3C
Sun
Options
Galaxy Watch
Then you need to warranty replace... Or swim differently.
0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch
Genuinely curious as to why its so important to you which stokes it's telling you, as long as its counting your strokes? I only swim by time and don't care whether strokes are counted, let alone what type. I only care about heart rate, frankly.
0 Likes
Rikalyn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

It was also skipping entire pool lengths. But you are corrected I truly only care about my heart rate in the end. I just thought it was strange. 

realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch

It only takes a best guess at stroke type based on arm movement. Since it cannot see you swim, it doesn't really know what type of stroke you are using.  I can't do a butterfly, but I'd be interested to know if it gets that right.  It doesn't get my lengths correct either since I don't know the actual length of my pool and am baffled that they haven't programmed it to self-measure, based on turns.  It's not as if the watch does not have GPS or anything that can measure šŸ˜’

Nymphia
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Since you're curious, I, for one, have a swim coach who gives me specific workouts and goals for distances and times for freestyle, **bleep**, back, and butterfly. Correct recognition of laps, times and strokes by the watch allows me to have accurate journal information to give her.

0 Likes
Nymphia
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

No idea why Samsung decided to "bleep" the abbreviation for breaststroke.

0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch
No watch can give an accurate breakdown of if form because it cannot see you swim, it can only guess at the type of stroke you are using based on arm movement. If you need stroke accuracy, you are better off with a human spotter or video.
0 Likes