JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Watch 6 Can't Get Rid of Emergency Call Notification

(Topic created: 12-15-2023 05:18 AM)
Lobonca
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Watch
I left my Galaxy Watch 6 on the charger overnight and it has an "Emergency Call" notification. How can I get rid of it? Rebooting the phone didn't work. Watch is totally useless. I want my watch face back.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
shsam80
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi there, I faced the same problem with the screen freeze with emergency call. This is my method to resolve the issue. Make sure your galaxy watch is connected to your phone then via wearable app, select the watch face that you want. Once the watch face is selected, your watch will go back to normal. I assume this is a bug that stuck the watch at emergency screen once it reached low battery threshold. 

View solution in context

30 Replies
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your concern with your watch being unable to get rid of the Emergency call notification and would be happy to look into this further for you. In order to provide you with the most accurate assistance, do you also have this notification on your phone?

0 Likes
Evagrius
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I also have this problem and it isn't going away....

0 Likes
Evagrius
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I do not have the notification on my phone, only my watch. 

0 Likes
Lobonca
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Watch
It was only on my Galaxy Watch 6 classic. Not the phone. After about 6 hours it want away. Thankfully
0 Likes
Chocos
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I'm having same issue. Not on phone. Only watch on Samsung 5
0 Likes
Evagrius
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Getting only emergency screen on my Galaxy Watch 6. Yes it is LTE.

-- emergency only screen can't be cleared
-- Watch has been reset, does not clear emergency
-- no emergency notice on phone (S23 ULTRA)

LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@Evagrius Do you have a service plan for the watch through your carrier? It sounds like it isn't being verified with the carrier. 

0 Likes
Evagrius
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
And yes I have a service plan. Just to make sure I answered everything haha
0 Likes
Evagrius
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I've read about this problem being common on earlier galaxy watches, independent of carrier issues. The same remedies do not apply here, including checking with the carrier. At least from what I've found.

Regardless, yes I've verified everything with my carrier at the store. This is a Samsung issue.
0 Likes