Original topic:

Galaxy watch 3 and tmobile no standalone

(Topic created: 08-27-2023 01:46 AM)
Pookavelli
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
It's ridiculous I bought these watches when they came out I was a sprint customer. They worked as standalone devices I never needed my phone near for it to work. I fully switched to tmobile finally and they don't work anymore. I been troubleshooting this watch along with my phone since June 7th and a tech rep finally tells me today that Samsung changed something and these watches can no longer be a standalone. This is crazy because I spent over 500 on these watches for lte service and I'm not even getting internet on my watches nor can we make calls on them. It's robbery. It's a waste if money and either you guys at samsung need to update the software and make them standalone devices as the customers want or all users who have this issue need to be compensated for the money they spent to have a LTE watch. Why would people buy a watch if they always gonna need they phone? Makes no sense when our phones die that's it watch it just a regular piece of jewelry and it's actually stupid for it to be that way. I'm team samsung and team galaxy for sure but this right here got me turned off badly 
23 Replies
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch
Samsung hasn't changed anything, LTE watches are still standalone. As you have a sprint device, and sprint doesn't exist anymore, it's more likely that your watch either has a sprint Sim active in it that needs to be disabled under e-sim settings, or it outright lacks band support for tmobile LTE since sprint was a weird CDMA network.
Tralynn
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
@Pookavelli I just went through the exact same situation with T-Mobile and my Galaxy Watch 6 classic. They are lying to you! They told me the exact same thing, I searched in the T-Mobile forum and found that other people were having similar issues..I called back and got a totally different representative and she had my watch working as a standalone device in about 3minutes! After she confirmed my watch is working correctly, I asked to speak with her supervisor to give her kudos.
The supervisor and representative told me you have to detach the watch from digits and make it standalone. Search through the T-Mobile forum someone wrote out step by step what you need to tell them when you call.

I know it's frustrating, but don't give up. Your watch can work as a standalone device, if set up properly.
Tralynn
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Also it does not need to be connected to digits. That's the problem, they kept trying to connect it to digits.
useroiYGjsCBXi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yes, I think they do that because they think people don't want standalone. Digits is similar to the virtual number for CC when using apple pay/google pay, but the number can't be called nor can it call out. Pay for a separate line/number for the watch and it should be good.

0 Likes
Tralynn
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
It's crazy because I've had tmobile reps tell me " We no longer offer standalone watch plans for Samsung, we only offer them for Apple...." I asked why is Tmobile selling a standalone watch, if you can't use all of the features of the watch? Why does Tmobile offer standalone plans for Samsung watches, if it can't be used as standalone?

It is a huge issue in the Tmobile community and comes across as sabotage to the consumer, Samsung, and is damaging Tmobiles already tarnished reputation. I've had people in their ( T-Mobile's) escalated tech support department tell me those exact words.

Bottom line is any of Samsung's( later versions) LTE watches can be used as standalone/ seperate line and they do not have to be tied/paired with Tmobile digits as alot of Tmobiles reps are saying. I'm not sure if they have a bias for Apple products or what, but the bold face lies, lack of knowledge from rep to rep is just insane.
0 Likes
Pookavelli
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yes different reps say different things and they told me the same thing they only work for apple watches
0 Likes
Tralynn
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Ugh! They're such idiots! I wish there was a way they could mirror my account. Tell them they aren't looking in the right area. When the rep that I spoke to fixed mine, she said it's a common mistake that alot of reps make. They choose the wrong standal9ne plan to add. The rep I spoke with her name was "Rell". They have to unpaired it from digits and make the watch its own line. My watch has its own phone number, that's different from my regular phone.
Pookavelli
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I do pay for it as a line Two watches as a line and they telling me it's no standalone
0 Likes
Tralynn
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Does your watch have its own phone number?
0 Likes