JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How can I set my watch notifications to only appear when opening the wearables app?

(Topic created: 02-12-2024 11:51 PM)
SoloMate
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

So I've been looking for information on how to shut off the notifications settings that make it so my texts don't open until I tap it in the Wear app on my phone. What could be wrong? I think it only started yesterday and I've had the watch since Sunday. Please help! My watch is a Galaxy 6 44mm. 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand the importance of our notifications working in a way that is beneficial for us and would be happy to look into this further for you. As the notifications for any of the apps don't go through the wearables app it would be impossible to set the text notifications to only show when opening the wearbles app. I would recommend just turning the text messages off in the wearables app if you don't want them to open as they are being received. You can do this by opening the wearables app > watch settings > Notifications > App notifications > Toggle off messages.

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand the importance of our notifications working in a way that is beneficial for us and would be happy to look into this further for you. As the notifications for any of the apps don't go through the wearables app it would be impossible to set the text notifications to only show when opening the wearbles app. I would recommend just turning the text messages off in the wearables app if you don't want them to open as they are being received. You can do this by opening the wearables app > watch settings > Notifications > App notifications > Toggle off messages.

0 Likes