Original topic:

Media Controls don't work after UI 5 upgrade

(Topic created: 02-23-2024 10:44 PM)
Loken42
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Since the UI 5 upgrade the media controls disappear from my Samsung Watch 5. I've reset the watch several times and when it reconnects to my S22 the controls work for about 24hrs and then disappear again. I've reset my watch 3 times now (along with reboots of the S22 at the same time) and the issue continues. Has anyone encountered this persistent bug?

14 Replies
usercczOo7E4VV
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
My GW4 updated in December and my media tile says "not connected"
0 Likes
tasdevil13
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same here, media controller needs some convincing to show the right source and then no control (play, stop, skip forward, replay) are possible. The keys are just dead.

However I can control volume turning the lunette on my Galaxy Watch 4.

S21+ with Watch4, newest possible software on each.

0 Likes
Velji7091
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Media Controller on Galaxy Watch 4 Classic no longer properly controls the volume on a connected phone. Changing the volume from the watch results in the phones volume randomly jumping up or down without relation to the control on the watch. However, when the phone is casting to a google home device, the media controller on the watch does correctly alter the volume of the google home device.

This started to be an issue after a recent software update for the watch. The installed Media Controller version is R895FXXUIHWL1/R895FOXXIHWL3/ R895FXXUIHWLI

Resetting the watch, the Galaxy Wearable app and the watch manager app doesn't fix the issue. Both apps have been granted all permissions and full notification access.

Has anyone else experienced or managed to fix this issue?

0 Likes
richy_310
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have experienced this Volume being controlled on its own.
0 Likes
crundle
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch

I would love to disable the Media Controls on my Galaxy Watch 6 classic but even when the media controller is turned off, that dang media key icon and the controller actually still works whenever I play a youtube video or listen to music.  This is such a nuisance and a battery drain to have this media controller on when I never use it on my watch.  Please let me know how to fix this issue so that I can completely disable the media controller on my watch.

0 Likes