Original topic:

My Watch 4 disconnected from my phone and won't reconnect

(Topic created: 05-24-2022 04:12 PM)
Options
Galaxy Watch
Idk what happened, but my Watch4 randomly disconnected from my Galaxy S22 Ultra and won't reconnect. I've restarted both devices, turned Bluetooth off and on on both, I don't really want to reset my watch, what the **bleep** is going on?
50 Replies
Roxanne55
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have had the same problem with the watch 3 with disconnection and I had to reset the watch even after restarting both devices.
0 Likes
bluecast1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
My watch kept showing it was disconnected so I kept trying to get it to connect restarted my phone and watch multiple times and still nothing and only way I could get it to connect is to connect it as a new watch so I did and I lost everything that was saved on my watch. I have had nothing but problems with it wish samsung would get on par with Apple with on how all there stuff works together 
Rabbit642
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
I know it doesn't help now but maybe try to have your watch backup to your Google account so that you will always have a backup like you would do with you phone. I had the same issue and had to restart from scratch.
0 Likes
bluecast1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thank you I don't ever remember it asking me to do that the first time or I would have. This time when I paired it it asked me if I wanted it to back up definitely clicked it this time
Rabbit642
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Absolutely no problem...love my watch... hopefully I can get in on the beta program and help make it better.
0 Likes
ahaynes42
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
This same thing happened to me and I did have a backup. It said it restored everything from the backup. But nothing is there. Have to set up from scratch again. Totally useless backup.
ahaynes42
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
This same thing happened to me overnight. Went to bed with a normal working watch, woke up unpaired and forced to factory reset. Even though it supposedly restored from a backup I'm having to set everything back up all over again. I guess the backups are useless. So annoying to have your watch reset itself overnight with no input from anything.
0 Likes
Harry_Manback
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch

I've now had my S20 FE un-pair at least 3 times in the last 2 days. Watch faces are not part of the backup, so restoring takes about an hour each time. I'm not impressed.

Edit: Turns out despite having backups on for the entire life of the watch along with manually backing up yesterday, the only backup it has is from October 2021, more than 6 months ago. Great job!

Edit 2: WHYYYYYY do you make me "learn" how to use the watch each time? It takes like 10 swipes and a long time to get through it. I know how to use the watch!  

0 Likes
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch

this alone is a separate issue that needs to be reported...

Reproduce issue then report to Wearable app > menu > contact us > error report

take screenshots of you saving the backup and not seeing it update on the list of backups in the history as a reference for the samsung engineers 🙂

0 Likes