JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Put Back Google Assistant on Watch4

(Topic created: 02-27-2024 09:32 PM)
EddyValdez
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I am very disappointed that Google Assistant was removed from the samsung watch 4. When I set up my new Galaxy S24. I want it back. Bixby is not compatible with most devices. And it just doesn't work as good as googles. Disappointed, I also can no longer use my watch to use samsung wallet, a k a samsung pay. Two great tasks that I can no longer use with an expensive watch. Please let us enable Google Assistant on the home button again. Bixby is not quite there yet. If Bixby can let turn off my TV and lights I'll use it but it can't do that quickly and efficiently, so otherwise it's kinda useless to me.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand the importance of having the assistant the works best for your daily life on your Galaxy watch 4, and I would be happy to assist you further. As @cwinkler stated, the Google Assistant has to be downloaded from the Play Store in order to be available for use on your watch. Please give this link a try for steps to set up the Google Assistant on your watch: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00090782/

If you have tried the troubleshooting steps and are still experiencing these symptoms, I would recommend contacting our customer service team directly at 1-800-726-7864 as they can remote into your device to assist you further.

View solution in context

11 Replies
BerlinMark
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I understand your frustration. To address these concerns, you can provide feedback directly to Samsung through their official channels. Additionally, you may explore alternative solutions or workarounds while Samsung continues to improve Bixby and its compatibility with various devices and services.

0 Likes
cwinkler
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have a Watch4 and always use Samsung Pay on my watch (linked with a S24U phone). Had to relink my payment cards, but now it's working well.

CWinkler
Galaxy S24 Ultra, Active4
EddyValdez
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
The button is useless no matter what I do. It's just disabled
0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch

I thought so too after I reset my watch (couldn't make that pay button work), but it's just slow to react.  If you press and hold the button, eventually the Samsung pay will come up.  It will look like a blank screen, but then will give some sort of instruction to set up pay on your phone.  You may have to start the process in the wear app, by going to watch settings, apps > app settings, and click on the pay app.  It's been a while since I've done it, so I don't remember the exact steps I took.  You will have to re-add your cards. That whole process of re-setting up the pay app and adding the cards again is the whole reason why a factory reset of my watch is my absolute last resort for any troubleshooting.

0 Likes
EddyValdez
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Here's the specific setting on the Samsung Wearable watch. Google Assistant is no longer. Android is owned by Google so WHY?... Bixby is not that good we cannot support something that if half baked. I could control anything with voice commands with my S10 connected to my Watch4 now the ability to add Google Assistant as a companion on the S24 Plus was removed. I'm not happy about that one.1709098448675.jpg
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch

I don't have a solution for you, as I don't use either Bixby or Google Assistant, nor do I have an S24 phone.  I just want to express my puzzlement that for a flagship/high end phone, a lot of the features people love about the S series in general (and would make the phone worth the price) seem to be MIA.  From watches not being compatible, to apps that people want to use not being available/supported.  Makes me glad I went to the A54 rather than spending the big bucks for an S24 and finding out later it did not do what I want it to do.

The A54, btw, has Google Assistant and the companion app for the watch.

0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch
Here's my advanced features in the wearables settings on my A54 paired with GW4. As you can see clicking the double press option brings up my entire app list that I can set. (I kept it at the default). I don't know why a supposedly more advanced phone has a completely different settings screen.1709168642372.jpg
0 Likes
Richard14
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
You can use Google assistant on watch4 and s24, I don't think understand what you mean? As far as remapping the side button on the s24 for the Google assistant, that is also possible, you just need the good lock app in the Samsung store.
0 Likes
BerlinMark
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I apologize for any confusion. As of my last update in January 2022, Google Assistant was not natively available on Samsung's Galaxy Watch 4 or Galaxy S24. Samsung had opted for its own virtual assistant, Bixby, on their devices.

If Google Assistant has been made available on these devices since then, I appreciate the update. Users should be able to enable Google Assistant through the device settings or Google app settings if it has been integrated into these devices.

Please refer to the latest documentation or support resources from Samsung for instructions on enabling Google Assistant on the Galaxy Watch 4 and Galaxy S24.

0 Likes