JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

SmartThings cannot find LTE watch when not connected to phone

(Topic created: 01-15-2024 03:52 AM)
SzLa
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have troubles to use SmartThins Find to get my LTE watch's location. I can use it when the watch is connected to the phone, but when I disconnect them (eg my son takes only the watch with him), the icon becomes grey and SmartThings Fnd cannot update the location. He can make/receive calls, can use the mobile net, so every other function works, only SmartThings Find cannot update...

The phone and apps are up to date.

Many thanks for help in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello, Welcome to the Community. We understand how disappointing it is to not be able to locate the watch when it is in stand-alone mode using the LTE connection.

We found this article from SmartThings with steps for setting up and using the feature with your devices. https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-us/articles/10863369660052-SmartThings-Find Please note, the Search Nearby feature will run a Bluetooth search for a device that's near, helping you locate it once you are close. 

Be sure to have the Offline Finding feature active.

We hope that this will help resolve your symptoms. If not, please feel free to post your feedback and inquiry within the Smart things community, so the experts can take a look into it! You can also contact our smart things team at, 1-866-813-2404 or by email at, support@smartthings.com

View solution in context

2 Replies
Turner079
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Same issue with my other devices. I don't see why they don't work like the smart tags work. I will accept the power consumption on my devices as long as they are transmitting their location(s)
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello, Welcome to the Community. We understand how disappointing it is to not be able to locate the watch when it is in stand-alone mode using the LTE connection.

We found this article from SmartThings with steps for setting up and using the feature with your devices. https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-us/articles/10863369660052-SmartThings-Find Please note, the Search Nearby feature will run a Bluetooth search for a device that's near, helping you locate it once you are close. 

Be sure to have the Offline Finding feature active.

We hope that this will help resolve your symptoms. If not, please feel free to post your feedback and inquiry within the Smart things community, so the experts can take a look into it! You can also contact our smart things team at, 1-866-813-2404 or by email at, support@smartthings.com