JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Suggestion: Electric Shock

(Topic created: 11-20-2023 03:52 PM)
user1bac3tNVCk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
So, there's one product on the market called the pavlock that provides kind of a niche service to people who may be a little neurodivergent. It is a way to wake up very deep sleepers without also waking up their co-sleepers or family members or roommates. It provides a little electric shock if you hit snooze or if you ignore the ringing or vibration on the alarm clock. The app is starting to add a few other features to it including reminders for exercise or for other things that people with ADHD have trouble with.

The problem with padlock is that it has really crappy reviews, along with some really good reviews. I mean just of the bad reviews are poor build quality, poor consistency, things like that. People tend to really like the app. So the reason I'm here is this item has absolutely no competition, there's nobody else doing it on the market. There are many people who would like to start using it but the cost is prohibitive especially when you weigh it against the current reviews about quality. I don't understand why the Galaxy watch can't simply just start adding in some of these features.

I have had three different Galaxy watches now and none of them are very good at being alarm clocks. I used to have a fitness and sleep tracker from a company that I can't really remember the name of anymore, that had only one button and it vibrated for alarm clocks or reminders. I haven't really been able to understand why the Galaxy watch doesn't do vibrations for alarm clocks and things like that but it would be a nice thing to add. But honestly adding a shock to it for ultra heavy sleepers would be a fabulous thing. In addition to sleep this can help with mindfulness with trying to quit habits like smoking, with time blindness. There are many many things that could be done with the watch many new features that could be added, by simply adding a shock to the watch.

And honestly I'd rather spend a bit more money for a Samsung level that includes something like this then $180 for a pavlok that has mixed reviews and lots of people returning them.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Replies
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
I really do like your idea, but can see lots of issues with adding a feature that delivers an electric shock via a Samsung watch to individuals, some of whom may have a pacemaker or other heart condition that would make such a feature damgerous. Samsung has yet been able to gain an FDA approval to provide users with a B/P reading in the US, though the Watch6 is mechanically capable to do so.
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch
That sounds incredibly dangerous
0 Likes
user1bac3tNVCk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
It's not a big shock, just a little one. Enough to get your attention. I have a kid who sleeps through alarms. It's one thing to adjust your life if you have a circadian rhythm disorder, but she also has type 1 diabetes and will, while asleep, take her cgm while it's alerting at a very high decibel level, and push it underneath herself so she can sleep through it. Alarms can be ignored. Samsung watch doesn't even let me add a vibration to her watch for alarms, even though the capability is there.

What's more dangerous, a little shock, or a diabetic coma?
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

0 Likes