JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Watch 5: No rotating bezel

(Topic created: 04-26-2022 11:29 AM)
useryRpNKXHsND
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Believe me, I will NOT upgrade my Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 Classic to the expected Watch 5 IF Samsung disrespects it's loyal customers by excluding the Rotating Bezel... Period!! Enough!! 

26 Replies
SuperOvni
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have all the Samsung watches and the rotating bezel is BY FAR the BEST feature in a smartwatch, I loved, is totally different and looks like a traditional watch... I will only buy rotating bezel so I hope Samsung continues with that.
userZ98rn4enLy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
I will not upgrade to watch 5, rotating Bezel is what defines it..if samsung thinks it can remove this feature and expect people to buy watches.. they are wrong.. this will be end of their smart watch product line.
Options
Galaxy Watch
I agree Samsung is taking a big L by discontinuing the physical rotating bezel but what about the digital bezel like in the standard Galaxy Watch 4? I'm sure even if they don't include it out of the box, after the complaints they will get they could easily add it in a software update. The Galaxy Watch 5, specifically the Watch 5 pro seems like it's going to be a pretty decent watch rotating bezel aside.
0 Likes
canalrun
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I won't be upgrading my GW 4 44mm to the Watch 5, but the lack of rotating bezel is not the reason.

Everybody and his brother sells a fitness watch. In my opinion, this fitness feature is overdone and won't be causing people to move to this new version instead of other watches.

Some features I'd like to see:
First is a bigger battery. You need five days at a minimum.

My friend is almost blind. He has a watch that speaks the time when he presses a button. Can you imagine how many people would flock to GW if it had this feature?

I mainly use my GW4 as an alarm. I see many people do the same. A wrist-based vibrating alarm is very handy – for the deaf, for heavy sleepers, for those who have to wake up early not wanting to disturb their partner, for having a familiar reliable alarm when traveling, … I would like to see two or three vibration motors to make vibrations super strong.

Another acquaintance fell and could not get off the floor for eight days before she was found. It would've been great if she had the SOS function, or Bixby, "I fell, I need help", to summon help.

Things like blood pressure, notifications, simple responses to messages are always nice. I think fitness is overdone. I think new and old customers would flock to a watch that provided features not just for fitness fanatics.

Does anyone agree?

chtulu21
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
The GW4 does have SOS on it. I have mine setup but have not had to use it yet.
0 Likes
canalrun
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yup. That's a very desired feature especially among elderly. I haven't set up my SOS either.

I can see something that looks like the Fit 2 Band that woman would not mind wearing that concentrates on these non-fitness features: speaking time, super vibration alarm, of course SOS and watch faces, notifications, a microphone for Bixby, etc.

I think I've even seen some bands that have the battery extending into the wrist band.

0 Likes
JW1234
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I set mine up when I got my GW4. Fast forward to a few months later, I accidentally managed to hit the button 3x, and it gets stuck on SOS! Kept repeatedly notifying my contacts. My mom texts my watch number asking who was sending her these messages. Why? My numbersync glitched and she didn't know the number.

The point to this is that my SOS didn't register as my number so my family didn't know it was me. I'm glad that I didn't really need help. Lol. I had to shut the watch off and when it came back on it was still sending SOS alerts. Super glitchy. They need to fix this issue asap. It is a great feature but the first time I've used it via my watch (accidentally nonetheless) was a complete fail.
0 Likes
userZ98rn4enLy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I was watching the product updates, for galaxy watch, as per the rumours it will have a bigger battery and no rotary bezel, now that makes me **bleep**. The main attraction for the watch is rotary bezel and some genius in product development want to take it out, samsung should focus on what they are good at, and develop a brand rather than copying appls for their ideas. The prouct  team is blindly mimicking apple, i do not understand the reason to tapke out micro sd in s22, i hope they listen to the customers.

Oxford
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Watch
So, you're getting all worked up and angry over rumors which have not been confirmed and may not be true, is that right?
0 Likes