JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy watch 4 classic vs Galaxy watch 5 pro

(Topic created: 08-17-2022 11:21 AM)
nerdyxj97
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Question for you all.....I have a S3 Frontier BT watch, yes still. It still works just fine and still gets me at least a day out of the battery. But I want to switch to one of the new watches because Android Wear. I am looking between the Galaxy Watch 4 Classic and the new Galaxy Watch 5 Pro. I'm leaning toward the Watch 4 because I like the rotating bezel I have on my S3 Frontier. But the bigger battery on the 5 Pro is super appealing.

Can anyone offer some insight and thoughts on this?
8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Watch
I got the 4 Classic and am pretty disappointed in the battery life and the constant shut downs on hot days. I'm hoping they solved the over heating issues and I like the bigger battery so I traded in for the 5 Pro. A rotating bezel would be nice but I rarely use it.
0 Likes
nerdyxj97
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yea, I heard about the issues with shutting down, especially the LTE ones, so that's concerning to me
0 Likes
nerdyxj97
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I should mention that this time around I would be looking to getting the LTE version instead of the BT this time.
0 Likes
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@nerdyxj97 If the rotating bezel is a must have then the GW5 is out of the picture. It doesn't have it. 

I have a Gear S3 which still works wonderfully. I also have a GW4 with no bezel and I love it. I was switching between the 2 of them but find that I've now settled on the GW4 as my daily watch.

With the incredible bundle deal Samsung is offering, I decided to purchase a GW5 Pro with my new phone. I was able to check them out at the unpacked event and was very impressed. Not only does the GW5 (both models) have a bigger battery but they (finally) have faster charging. 

uinasbora
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi! I know you Galaxy Watch users are getting a lot of questions like this, but i need to Ask It... What are your thougths and experience of using Galaxy watch 4? I have couple questions:

1. Is this watch worth it?

2. What about the battery? I heard that is is NOT good.

3. Is the watch band comfortable/good.

4. Is It good for a small hand?

Thank you for reading.

Options
Galaxy Watch
I got about 36 hours with my 4. I get almost 3 days with my 5 pro. The bands can be changed very easily and Amazon has tons of cute ones. My wrist is 5 1/2 inches and I love mine. It's big, but I like big watches. I really enjoy not having to have my phone with me all the time since mine is LTE and doesn't have to be in Bluetooth range of my phone.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch
This is the 5 pro 45mm20231101_085637_1000003262_1698846997.jpg
0 Likes
Mizac56
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I love mine :heart_suit:. It works perfectly with my phone. I have a flip 4.
0 Likes