JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

"Seems like you've stopped. Finish workout?"

(Topic created: 04-04-2024 07:48 AM)
Jusson90
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

As the subject and location suggests, my watch during the middle of a workout has started repeatedly pausing the workout and saying "Seems like you've stopped. Finish workout?" And it does not matter how much I'm moving, how high my heart rate is, or how many times I tell it to resume. The watch did not do this last month and it does not matter what workout I'm doing. Whether I'm walking, running, lifting weights, rowing, doing a dynamic workout, about every 20 seconds to 2 minutes this notification pops up.

I've done everything I can from restarting the watch, resetting the watch, checking for updates, going into each exercise choice and turning off "Auto Pause", going into the settings and turning off "Activities to detect" on both the phone Samsung Health app and in the watch. I've even called Samsung tech support and the man I talked to was saying that it must be an app causing it but i've turned off all app notifications except messaging apps.

The only thing I can think that might be going on is I cannot change "Auto detect workouts" in the Advanced option of the Samsung Health app settings.

I need help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for following up. I can certainly understand your frustration with the workouts not functioning as expected. I would recommend submitting an error report as this will allow out team of engineers to get a hands-on look at the symptoms you are experiencing. Please use this link for the steps to properly submit an error report: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-send-an-error-report/

I would also recommend reaching out to our Samsung Health team directly using the contact information in this link for further assistance: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Samsung-Apps-and-Services/Samsung-Support-Acknowledgement/td-p/2...

View solution in context

31 Replies
VampiratePenny
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Same. Samsung needs to fix this. So annoying!
scott131
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Same...it is very annoying
oneinthehand
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Same, ever since the last update mine has been doing this. I have notices if I loosen up my wrist band so the watch has more freedom on my wrist it stops it. But this seems to really screw up all my running metrics/stats. Everything is in the red/improve area. Fix this Samsung. This sucks.
VampiratePenny
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
SAMSUNG! THIS IS THE DUMBEST THING EVER. FIX IT!
Mansquatch
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
This has been killing me! To the point I may have to use a different brand (which sucks, I've been using these phones and watches for years).
I'm a trainer and coach, so it's imperative that I track my own progress meticulously.
Mansquatch
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I've called and texted support many times over this issue, with no fix in sight.
VampiratePenny
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
So have I. I find it odd that no one at Samsung seems to know anything. I've turned off auto detect and auto pause. It is NOT that. Their advice was to do a hard reset, which I do not want to do. This stupid notification is a software problem not a user problem. I despise apple but may need to switch because they can turn it off.
Mansquatch
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
It only started with one of the recent updates. So it's a software mishap, no other way around it.
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your frustration with not being able to use the auto-detect workout feature. In order to better assist you, can you please tell me the device your watch is paired with?

Do you have any tattoos on the wrist the watch is on when experiencing these symptoms?

Have you tested your phone in safe mode to see if your watch will still track the workout using the auto-detect feature?

0 Likes