JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Gear S2 not connecting to phone and stuck on "Finishing Pairing" screen

(Topic created: 07-06-2020 12:51 PM)
uservZ5CD8kQqj
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I had to reset my gear s2 due to connection issues with my phone. For the past few days, I had a notification on my phone saying that my gear s2 was disconnected and I could not get my watch to connect via bluetooth. When I tried to connect my watch to my phone again, it gets stuck on the "Finishing Pairing" screen on my phone. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the wearables app, connecting manually in my phone setting while the watch was "Finishing Pairing", restarting my phone, resetting my watch, restarting my watch. When I return to the wearables app after closing it when it gets stuck, it looks like it finished pairing, but it still will not connect to my phone. The watch says to download the samsung wearables app and will not connect to my phone.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
uservZ5CD8kQqj
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I toggled the "Bluetooth Scanning" and "Wi-Fi Scanning" modes On and Off again in the settings of my phone(Pixel 3a). Then, I followed the steps to reset wifi/bluetooth in a reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/GooglePixel/comments/dbkn5r/bluetooth_keeps_stopping/ 

Then, I restarted my phone. This fixed the pairing issue with my gear S2 and my phone.

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
Gwear
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Mine says connected but stays in pairing mode

Solution
uservZ5CD8kQqj
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I toggled the "Bluetooth Scanning" and "Wi-Fi Scanning" modes On and Off again in the settings of my phone(Pixel 3a). Then, I followed the steps to reset wifi/bluetooth in a reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/GooglePixel/comments/dbkn5r/bluetooth_keeps_stopping/ 

Then, I restarted my phone. This fixed the pairing issue with my gear S2 and my phone.

0 Likes