Original topic:

Gear S3 SENSORS NOT WORKING

(Topic created: 07-18-2021 03:10 AM)
user8kahZqvkgy
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hi,

A while back my sensors stopped working.   I quit using the watch for a while, hoping for another update to fix it.  Reading these boards, it appears to be a common issue after a particular update delivered by Samsung.

How do I get this working again?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Blue7
Red Giant
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

what's the model number for Gear S3? have you taken the watch to a nearest service center? 

0 Likes
userElrW6WgWrb
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

It also happened to my gear s3 frontier and i have reset more than 3 times to no effect.  i almost lost hope in this watch.  i already reset to factory settings and even deleted all the saved data ( 3 years of data lost).

however  doing some silly things seem to solve the issue.  this problem happened after the latest firmware update somewhere in month of July 2021 when i updated manually.

This is what i did and i dunno if it will work with yours. 

By luck i just tried pressing the 2 buttons on the right together for some 10 seconds and it rebooted.  again i tried pressing it together for another 10 seconds.  

After that all the sensors worked and i am glad to know i didnt fry the sensors during the update since that is what happened to my Gear Fit 2 Pro ( also the chip died after firmware update and samsung replaced it)

0 Likes