JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

ARC not turning on receiver

(Topic created: 01-09-2023 11:16 AM)
user2KNf0pcwj5
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have an older Samsung TV, model UN55C8000XF and just purchased a brand-new Sony receiver, model str-dh790.  The Samsung TV has ARC and the Sony receiver has eARC.  They are connected by a brand-new decent HDMI cable.  Anynet+ is turned on for the TV and the firmware is up to date.

My current ARC setup does properly play sound and does power off with the TV but will not power on with the TV.  Any ideas how to get the TV to send a signal the receiver to power on at the same time as the TV?  It is even possible with this older model TV? 

(I did notice in the TV menu for the Anynet+ setup that is has an on/off for "Auto Turn Off" but doesn't have one for On.  Not sure if this is the problem or not).

I appreciate any insight you can give.  Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
HD and UHD TVs
I have an old directv dvr that doesn't play well with my newer receiver and doesn't turn it on half the time. So if you're connections are good, you're sure the cable is good, I'd say it's just the old TV not very compatible with the new receiver.

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
HD and UHD TVs
I have an old directv dvr that doesn't play well with my newer receiver and doesn't turn it on half the time. So if you're connections are good, you're sure the cable is good, I'd say it's just the old TV not very compatible with the new receiver.
ShadowViper
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs
I'm having a similar issue where a brand new tv won't turn on a newer disc player, but will turn it off. Btw this is a cec/anynet issue not arc.
0 Likes