JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung TVs randomly lose internet connection

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
userGW0l1OZXEp
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

So far I have 3 samsung tvs and all will randomly lose connection to internet through wifi. It's obviously not my router cause everything else is connected except the tvs. It'll take a couple days for it to connect again. Is anyone else having these issues?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello! Thank you for reaching out. I completely understand your concerns with the tv randomly dropping the internet connection. I'll be more than delighted to assist. You may have an issue with the signal strength you are receiving from your router to the device. To check tv signal strength try the following steps:

1. Use your TV remote to navigate to Settings.
2.Click on General > Network > Open Network Settings > Wireless.
3. Check the number of Wi-Fi bars showing on your TV.

If the issue still occurs after checking the signal and reconnecting the Wi-Fi network then the next step would be to factory reset the device. Before, performing a factory reset be sure to write down the Tv's picture and audio settings as this will be reset back to the default. 

Factory reset link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00077524/

If the issue still occurs after the factory reset please feel free to reach out to Samsung phone support directly at 1-800-726-7864.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello! Thank you for reaching out. I completely understand your concerns with the tv randomly dropping the internet connection. I'll be more than delighted to assist. You may have an issue with the signal strength you are receiving from your router to the device. To check tv signal strength try the following steps:

1. Use your TV remote to navigate to Settings.
2.Click on General > Network > Open Network Settings > Wireless.
3. Check the number of Wi-Fi bars showing on your TV.

If the issue still occurs after checking the signal and reconnecting the Wi-Fi network then the next step would be to factory reset the device. Before, performing a factory reset be sure to write down the Tv's picture and audio settings as this will be reset back to the default. 

Factory reset link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00077524/

If the issue still occurs after the factory reset please feel free to reach out to Samsung phone support directly at 1-800-726-7864.