JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Screen Separating issue

(Topic created: 08-06-2022 12:27 PM)
usersUxCioSUSC
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I bought a 70” tv on 11/09/20 . Here it is 03/3122 and the screen is separating from the unit . The tv has not moved since the day we brought it home . I called customer service and they said they would have to send a service tech out . Today I get a text it’s gonna cost $100 travel fee $60- $120 for labor plus parts . What  me off the most is if you search online this problem has been an issue for years . You would think Samsung would honor they’re craftsmanship and or resolve this problem with their tv’s . I have 4 Samsung smart tv in my house figuring I was buying a good quality tv , only to find out they don’t stand behind their product. After this experience I don’t know if I will purchase another Samsung tv . I’m not gonna keep replacing tv’s after 18 mos . I only hope the screw doesn’t fall out. VERY DISSATISFIED CUSTOMER!!!!!  

0685AFF4-57E5-4911-AC60-888138B41903.jpeg

11 Replies
Jaydenluthy
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Tv
0 Likes
Blurrry26
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

My tv is doing the same thing less than 2 years old, I've tried electronic double side tape but it just won't hold, I might just super glue the thing

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

This is something that would need to be looked into further. Each outcome per customer is on a case-by-case basis, so I can't guarantee the same solution for everyone, however, I'll do what I can to get this resolved in some way. 

Please feel free to reach out to us directly via one of the following options and with a link to our thread along with your full model and serial number.  

Private message any of the mods here
Facebook Messenger: http://m.me/samsungsupport
Twitterhttps://twitter.com/messages/compose?recipient_id=18768513
Or you can use the following link below to request service. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/

userf5kGATsCqS
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hi ... just realized top of my TV is doing this. From reviewing other posts, this appears to be a known issue. Would moderator please send me link for a private message? Thank you.

Diaboyos
Neutron Star
Options
HD and UHD TVs
All you're gonna be told is that if it's under warranty file a warranty claim. If it's not under warranty the cost to repair or replace it will be up to you.
0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hi there! You can send us a private message by clicking our name and then selecting private message. If you are out of warranty, you also have the option to use the following link to locate a service center in your area. http://www.Samsung.com/us/support/service/location

usergNnbD7FvMv
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

In June 2021, I purchased a 70” Samsung TV from Best Buy for $700.  On July 16th, while sitting on my couch watching TV I heard a crackling sound, within approximately 30 seconds the entire black screen separated from the TV and opened as if it were a laptop.  I immediately contact Best Buy who referred me to Samsung.  My initial interaction was via text, where I provided pictures as well as my receipt.  I was advised that they would be sending out a technician to assess the damage and would follow up with next steps.  On July 21, 2022, the tech came to my home where he took several pictures and advised that “this isn’t covered because of physical damage, just go buy a new TV”.  This so-called tech never physically touched the TV and was at my home for a total of 6 minutes (from the time he rang my doorbell to the time he left).  I immediately called Samsung and expressed my concern and frustration and was told that the ‘report’ was not entered yet and that I should call back.  I waited 2 hours, called back, and was advised that based on his findings the TV had fallen off the wall mount.  Mind you I had already sent them pictures of the TV still on the wall with the screen hanging down when the incident first happened.  I re-sent the photos as a screenshot that I had sent from my initial interaction with Samsung showing the TV on the wall and was advised by the representative that she, along with her supervisor, agreed that this was a defect and not caused by damage by me and that someone would call me in the morning with next steps.   I waited until 1PM and decided to call since I had not heard anything and was advised that it was ‘pending’ that someone would call me shortly.  I waited another 2 hours and called back (realizing that it was Friday and unsure if they were open on the weekend) where I was transferred to 3 different people, none of which could tell me what the next steps would be just that they would provide me a ticket number.  I asked if they could explain to me the process so I would have a better understanding of what exactly I was waiting for.  Well, after speaking to 7 or 8 different people, spending more than 4 hours talking to various representatives, I was again told that it would not be covered due to ME or some other object damaging the TV.   To say that I was upset would be an understatement, bad enough that I wasted $700 on a TV that lasted barely a year, but to question my integrity and essentially call me a liar had me seeing red.  I have since googled “Samsung TV screen falling off” and lo and behold, I am not alone.  This is something that has been reported and is clearly a manufacture defect.  I have filed a review as well as a complaint with the Better Business Bureau in hopes to shining a light on this and getting a resolution, and will posting reviews on every other platform I can to prevent this from happening to anyone else in the future.

userGOddHBjqFU
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs
I've seen multiple other posts about this same issue.
I bought a TU7000 in April of 2021. It was great. I was happy with the TV especially at the price.

Fast forward to February of 2022, and a dark black spot appears in the bottom left corner.

I notified Samsung, and they set up an appointment to fix it, and they actually replaced the entire unit. 

Essentially a brand new TV.

2 more months pass, and I notice a light coming out of the top of the screen.

That's when I realized the screen was literally starting to separate from the unit itself.

This time, I notified Samsung and they said it's out of warranty, so I'll need to pay the full price for labor and parts.

I was given a broken TV. How is this fair? It was never physically damaged in any way. 

I was given a bad unit and Samsung isn't providing any help. Wanted to see if anyone else is dealing with this.

userqL6gXT8MIG
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

The front screen of the tv is separating from the tv.  Whit light is leaking from the left and top.  It’s less than a year old.