JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Setting up new TU7000 cannot detect DVR

(Topic created: 12-25-2022 12:43 PM)
TomKo44
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I just bought an UN43TU7000 and it will not control my Spectrum 201T DVR. When it is searching for connected devices it says it cannot detect anything. When I tell it what my Make and model is it allows it but when it asks me to test channel up or down it does not work. I also have a UN43RU7100 which can detect and control the same model DVR but with the BN59-01315A model remote, this uses the 01315J model. Samsung support first have not been able to assist. One person said I should manually pair the remote with the DVR but they have no idea what the code it and asked me to call Spectrum. Spectrum said they only list the codes for other devices to use their remotes and Samsung should have a list. All the programmable remotes use the device make and model, not a manual code. I have spent hours with support to no avail. This TV is running software 2111.1 but the tech person said it should be 4201 (which is a firmware update on the website. No idea how to get this to work. Not sure if it is the TV or remote that is the problem.

3 Replies
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Is that model dvr old? I know there are issues with older models of directv dvr's.
0 Likes
TomKo44
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

It is a few years old, the Spectrum 201 is one of the more modern, I believe the current model is 210. My other remote works fine with the 201T. The TV setup lists the 201T. I tried all the Spectrum model numbers and none are working with this remote. I tried re-pairing the remote to the TV. I was told I could manually program the remote if I had the code. Sadly, Spectrum techs don't know  the codes for their own equipment as many new 3rd party remotes are automatic like the BN59's.

0 Likes
Solution
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
HD and UHD TVs
If you can upgrade the DVR for free try that. My directv dvr constantly tells me to program it every time I turn the TV on even though it works fine. Very annoying. They told me to upgrade to the latest dvr model but I haven't yet.