JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Smart TV keeps disconnecting from wifi revisited

(Topic created: 03-11-2024 08:39 AM)
DrDoc
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

This is a follow up to the original message string by the same name. You can find the original here: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/HD-and-UHD-TVs/Smart-TV-keeps-disconnecting-from-wifi/m-p/182740...

The problem occurred when the set had been off for a while, maybe just overnight, and when turned back on, the TV would be disconnected from the internet - NOT actually disconnected from the WiFi network. It required a re-connect the WiFi to recognize that the WiFi was connected the internet. The problem did not occur until the set was about 6 or 8 months old and got worse with time. 

Calling the phone service was useless. After hours waiting and being on the phone, all they could tell me was to update my firmware (software), which was eventually verified to be already up to date. Replying to the post here got a quick reply from Samsung service who set me up with the local service group. They scheduled and came out t fix the TV under warranty. 

As suspected, the solution was a hardware fix, not software. The offending part is called a NETWORK-WLAN CLIENT. It's the part that sticks out from the bottom center of the TV and is the part that sends and receives signals from the remote and the WiFi. Once that was replaced, all worked again. We'll see what happens 6-8 months from now, but, for the time being, the problem is fixed. 

Good luck to you all. 

IMG_6884.jpeg

2 Replies
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Mine sadly is going out after 1 year remote will not connect
0 Likes
Solution
DrDoc
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Make sure it's not the remote. But if it's the TV, you can find the replacement part online. Find the replacement part for your model number TV and then look on YouTube for videos for how to replace the card on your specific TV model (it's really pretty easy). Samsung usually wants $80-$90 for a replacement but you can find it from resellers for less, even new parts in package. 

Good luck!