Original topic:

TU700D auto powering on blu-ray player when last app is closed

(Topic created: 03-30-2023 05:47 PM)
jimbuckeye
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hi folks,

I have a TU700D 50 inch TV.  Connected are a Bose Smart Soundbar 600 in HDMI 1 and an older Sony blu ray player in HDMI2.  When I exit the last app playing on the TV, it's automatically switching to HDMI2 and powering on the blu ray player.  Needless to say, this is an annoyance.  I can't find a thing in the TV's settings to stop this.  Anyone else seen something like this with a blu ray or maybe even a video game?

My not so graceful, temporary solution is to keep the blu ray player disconnected until I need it, but who wants an HDMI cable just hanging around? 

Thanks,
Jim

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hey there Jim!  If you go to Settings > General > External Device Manager Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC)  and turn Anynet+ "off".  This will stop the television from powering on your blu-ray player.  

The Anynet+ feature is what's causing the device to power on.  I personally leave it off because I like turning on my devices when I'm ready to use it.  If not, I'm playing playstation everytime I turn on my television.

Keep us posted and don't hesitate to reach out if you need any additional assistance!

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hey there Jim!  If you go to Settings > General > External Device Manager Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC)  and turn Anynet+ "off".  This will stop the television from powering on your blu-ray player.  

The Anynet+ feature is what's causing the device to power on.  I personally leave it off because I like turning on my devices when I'm ready to use it.  If not, I'm playing playstation everytime I turn on my television.

Keep us posted and don't hesitate to reach out if you need any additional assistance!

0 Likes