Original topic:

B4 Series Soundbar Disconnects & Powers Off

(Topic created: 12-30-2022 06:21 PM)
Caper3x
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

All,

I have a new samsung TV and B4 series sound bar about ~5 months old. Was a gift for my parents - the soundbar will automatically shut off. In order to turn it on I physically have to unplug it and plug it back into the outlet. The remote or power button on the bar will not turn it on. Sometimes it will be ok for 1hr or 4hrs but will always just turn off and I have to repeat the step to get it to power up.

Is there a solution for this. I have already tried a new non-polarized power chord but this did not fix it. 

Thanks, 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

If you connect a microphone to your Samsung soundbar and don't play music, the soundbar may turn itself off after 20 minutes. It is due to an issue with the power-saving settings, but a firmware update will keep this from happening.

Updating the firmware of the sound tower to version 1037 or later will correct this issue. Make sure you have a USB thumb drive available and go to the support page for your sound tower to download the firmware. You can also download an upgrade guide that provides the steps to update the firmware.

If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. As we would like to gather additional information and look at this from a case-by-case basis, please provide the full model code and the serial number of the device as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email.  

Send a message on Facebook 

Send Message on Twitter 

Send Message to Moderator

If your unit is out of warranty and you would like to receive quotes on service/labor from an Authorized Service Center near you, please visit:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

If you connect a microphone to your Samsung soundbar and don't play music, the soundbar may turn itself off after 20 minutes. It is due to an issue with the power-saving settings, but a firmware update will keep this from happening.

Updating the firmware of the sound tower to version 1037 or later will correct this issue. Make sure you have a USB thumb drive available and go to the support page for your sound tower to download the firmware. You can also download an upgrade guide that provides the steps to update the firmware.

If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. As we would like to gather additional information and look at this from a case-by-case basis, please provide the full model code and the serial number of the device as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email.  

Send a message on Facebook 

Send Message on Twitter 

Send Message to Moderator

If your unit is out of warranty and you would like to receive quotes on service/labor from an Authorized Service Center near you, please visit:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location