Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
HJStrawberry
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Turned off TV Wednesday night stereo surround through blu ray was working fine. Turned on Thursday no sound, can't even access menu as it keeps cycling. Called Samsung several times and they keep telling me it is NOT an known issue and only option is to send it out for repair. I then saw news article that this was a wide spread issue and tried out my other players ALL OF WHICH ARE DOING THE SAME THING! I am certainly not sending 3 players out for repair!!! None of which are still under warranty! I was about to head out to at least buy new speakers and some way to stream on my 2 non smart tvs. Best buy told me no way Samsung will be able to fix this. What are we supposed to do?!!!

userhtyh8ywDGU
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Find a couple of used Non-Samsung devices off of Craigslist, sadly. I don't know enough (and neither does Best Buy) to state "This can't be fixed". It may be messy, however.

0 Likes
userKPuLslqkUX
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I've got a BD-JM57C Blu Ray player and it's doing the same thing, first noticed it on 6/20/2020.  If I had to guess, I would say it's a bad software update.  Hopefully Samsung sends out a fix soon.   

0 Likes
userKS9igy1usS
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Have 2x Home Cinema systems, both now cycling a constant looping of boot up attempt then shutdown when both units prev working fine up until Thur 18th June.

Regardless of warranty this isn't a worn out/faulty component or due to misuse/negligence, this is a worldwide Samsung issue affecting users of certain models which were hardlined or wi-fi connected.

Scary as I have a Samsung 65" tv under a year old which is constantly connected, are these going to be next??

Samsung need to step up, send us all pre paid delivery boxes, have our units collected by courier, get them repaired then send them back repaired.

Microsoft had an issue pop up years ago with Xbox 360's, all of our units were overheating and giving up (Red Ring of Death) 

Microsoft were playing hardball at first which Samsung seem to be doing BUT like Microsoft, Samsung will learn the wrath of a knocked consumer confidence because I for one, will NEVER be purchasing another Samsung product if they refuse to collect, repair and deliver to us all Free of Charge, every impacted unit!..

My samsung HT-J4550 is out of warranty, just over 2yrs old and I have a samsung HT-J550W also out of warranty and doing exact same thing on exact same day, warranties out on both but thats besides the point when it was Samsung themselves whom rendered our units obsolete with an update.

Do the right thing guys, make an announcement!..

0 Likes
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
Home Theater

I apologize for the inconvenience. This forum is for the support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited. I would recommend reaching out to the country in which your device was manufactured/purchased for assistance with the appropriate troubleshooting for your product: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userWhwnPs1Rk1
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I am having a similar issue with a HT5500W purchased in the United States of America. No disc/load on a loop. Check our discussion posts, thousands are having this issue. This is a USA post from Saint Paul, MN. What is your cop out answer here? It is a disgrace that you would respond like this to a worldwide issue, we're having it in AMERICA TOO. When will you fix this?

userQ099XARcXL
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

So this is a world wide problem? I have posted in the US section and still have not heard of a solution. Why give such a poor generic blow off to this guy who like many of us is experiancing this issue?

Options
Home Theater

It's clear that most people started having this problem June 17th, including me.

I thought I had auto firmware update off but maybe not.  But the fact that so many people had this happen at almost the same time makes me wonder if this is some kind of pre-existing firmware bug.

If we can't flash new firmware via USB while in this state then the only solution will be to have it physically repaired.  This is bad.

0 Likes
userqLbU6sm7e6
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I watched a DVD a few days ago and it worked fine, last night I put one in and it just kept cycling and wouldnt play. Now the disc wont eject and it continues to cycle. I have tried all the troubleshooting options but they didnt help resolve the issue. What is going on with Samsung players? If I end up having to buy one guaranteed it wont be a Samsung!

djw9281nd2
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Its most likely a fault in the product

0 Likes