JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

HW-S800B Connection Issues

(Topic created: 10-30-2023 06:36 PM)
some_donkus
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I have the HW-S800B connected to my Frame TV via HDMI, and when I first plugged it all together the TV recognized it perfectly I was able to combine TV & Soundbar speakers and control them together.

With it all being new I couldn't help but mess around with all the settings, and now I can't get them to cooperate anymore. I can select "Soundbar (HDMI)" in the Sound Ouput settings menu, but then I get a message that my soundbar is connected to a port that doesn't support eARC and to connect it to Port 3 (which does). I have double and triple checked that it is actually connected to Port 3 on the One Connect box, and I still get this message! I've powered down everything, and still the problem persists.

When I select "Soundbar (HDMI)" in the settings the audio goes out. I can still connect to the Soundbar via WiFi or Bluetooth, sound the soundbar is definitely powered on. 

In my Device Manager I have Anynet+ enabled, and Input Signal Plus enabled.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
some_donkus
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Yes, it turned out to be the cable causing the problem. I assume micro-hdmi is used given the size of the soundbar, but it was pretty easy to break. 

View solution in context

3 Replies
Texas001
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

This is a problem to be solved by a Samsung tech but like my problem I can't contact anyone at Samsung support that knows anything, only what they read in an instruction manual. Very disappointed in Samsung support from somewhere in India or that area of the world.

0 Likes
some_donkus
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

My working theory is that it's a connection issue, and I did kind of bend the end of the micro-hdmi cable during install, so I'll see if a replacement cable fixes it. Hopefully I didn't wreck the hdmi socket itself. In which case I'll be at the mercy of Samsung support myself. ðŸ¤ž

0 Likes
Solution
some_donkus
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Yes, it turned out to be the cable causing the problem. I assume micro-hdmi is used given the size of the soundbar, but it was pretty easy to break.