Original topic:

Q990b Soundbar Rear Speakers Quiet

(Topic created: 09-10-2022 11:20 PM)
userhEehjkC9wy
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Hi

I have recently purchases a QN95B TV and Q990B soundbar.

In the most part they are great but there are a couple of issues bugging me.

1. Only sometimes when using the streaming apps the dubbing is out of sync.

I go to adjust it but this makes it worse. I can't adjust they way in needs to go. It can only be adjusted one way.

2. The rear surrround speakers are very quiet. I have the front speakers and sub levels set to - 6 and the rear surround speakers set to +6 and in some cases I still can only adjust hear the rear speakers.

3. In some cases when I am watching something where there would be an echo in the sound such as voice in an empty room the echo is way too much it sound like they are talking in a tin can.

I have them connected with TV and soundbar up with eArc. 

I have Tuned the Auto EQ

Sound Output is TV + Soundbar Q990B(HDMI-eArc)

Sound Mode Adaptive Sound + (I have also tried surround mode)

Expert Settings

HDMI eArc Mode   - Auto

Reset Sound is Greyed Out (Not sure why?)

Any help would be appreciated

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
taimai
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

I had the same problem, but per https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01203944/, I changed my LG TV's Digital Output Audio Format setting from 'Auto' to 'Pass Through' and the rear speakers are much louder now.

View solution in context

7 Replies
Theblkshadow
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

I have exactly the same issue…

0 Likes
Eddfromhudds
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

I have exactly same set up and exactly same problem

0 Likes
cef2lion
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

I have a QN65QN90A Samsung TV with a Q950A Sound bar with the same issue. Very disappointed. There has not been a firmware update for my Sound bar since 1/22. Starting to think Sound bar has been left behind and there will be no further updates.

perumar
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I am having the same issue 2 for the rear speakers, looks like its universal issue for everyone. Hope SAMSUNG resolves it ASAP. Other than this we like the overall sound.

Smgrega
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Im also having same issue. Samsung, no reply?

userhov71BNqSQ
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Same here, I'll be returning mine. Very disappointing setup. No way to adjust the subwoofer or rear volumes is a killer for this surround setup. I'll be going back to a receiver, and separate speakers.

Solution
taimai
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

I had the same problem, but per https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01203944/, I changed my LG TV's Digital Output Audio Format setting from 'Auto' to 'Pass Through' and the rear speakers are much louder now.