JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung 4K TV Source operation with Samsung Soundbar

(Topic created: 05-21-2023 07:18 AM)
Zuburg1
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I have a 55” Samsung 4K curved screen Smart TV with original One Connect.  I just bought a Samsung 5.1 Soundbar with wireless sub and rear speakers kit.  I have a cable box and Apple TV connected to One Connect regular HDMI ports and the Soundbar connected to the HDMI/ARC ports on the TV and Soundbar.

I can get the TV working with the Soundbar using the cable box.  When I turn off the TV with the TV remote or the programmed cable remote, both the TV and Soundbar turn off.  When I turn the TV back on, both the TV and Soundbar turn on, but I get a message on the TV that says the Source is Receiver on HDMI4 and I should click on the Source button to select my source.

This forces me to click Source and select the cable box Source to be able to view TV again.

Is this normal?  Is there something I can do so my cable box is still the Source when I turn on the TV?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

Hey! Thank you for trusting in our community. Having to keep switching the source every time you start up the TV would indeed be annoying. Let's get this situated as soon as we can.

Samsung TVs have Anynet+ (also known as HDMI-CEC), a feature that allows connected external HDMI devices to inform your TV when they are turned on. (which you are aware of) By default, the TV will immediately switch to this source when this happens. The method to stop the TV or gaming screen from switching the source varies depending on the type of remote you have. Smart Remotes pair to your TV via Bluetooth, and IR remotes do not.

Note: Some devices may send a signal in error causing the TV to switch to the source, even when the external device is not in use. This is an issue with the external device, and typically the manufacturer will release a firmware update to fix it. Try updating the firmware on the external device, and contact its manufacturer for further assistance.

Turn off automatic HDMI switching with IR remote

1.) Confirm the TV's software is up to date.
For some TVs, the ability to turn automatic HDMI switching on or off was added as a firmware update. Make sure to update the TV before continuing.

2.) Input the code.

Point the remote at the TV and input the code: Mute, 7, 2, 9, Exit.

No indicator will appear on the screen after putting this code in. To test if the setting has changed, turn on a connected HDMI device.

3.) Repeat Step 2.

If turning on a connected HDMI device causes the TV automatically to switch to it, then the code was not entered quickly enough. Service is not required for this issue. Once the code has been entered properly, the TV will not switch HDMI sources automatically.

Turn off automatic HDMI switching with smart remote

For some TVs, the ability to turn automatic HDMI switching on or off was added as a firmware update. Make sure to update the TV before continuing.

2.) Input the code.

Make sure you are on the TV source (not an HDMI source), and then point the remote at the TV and input the code: Mute, Vol Down, Ch Down, Mute.

Note: Mute is activated by pressing in on the Volume rocker.

No indicator will appear on screen after putting this code in. To test if the setting has changed, turn on a connected HDMI device.

3.) Repeat Step 2.
If turning on a connected HDMI device causes the TV automatically to switch to it, then the code was not entered quickly enough. Service is not required for this issue. Once the code has been entered properly, the TV will not switch HDMI sources automatically.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

Hey! Thank you for trusting in our community. Having to keep switching the source every time you start up the TV would indeed be annoying. Let's get this situated as soon as we can.

Samsung TVs have Anynet+ (also known as HDMI-CEC), a feature that allows connected external HDMI devices to inform your TV when they are turned on. (which you are aware of) By default, the TV will immediately switch to this source when this happens. The method to stop the TV or gaming screen from switching the source varies depending on the type of remote you have. Smart Remotes pair to your TV via Bluetooth, and IR remotes do not.

Note: Some devices may send a signal in error causing the TV to switch to the source, even when the external device is not in use. This is an issue with the external device, and typically the manufacturer will release a firmware update to fix it. Try updating the firmware on the external device, and contact its manufacturer for further assistance.

Turn off automatic HDMI switching with IR remote

2.) Input the code.

Point the remote at the TV and input the code: Mute, 7, 2, 9, Exit.

No indicator will appear on the screen after putting this code in. To test if the setting has changed, turn on a connected HDMI device.

3.) Repeat Step 2.

Turn off automatic HDMI switching with smart remote

2.) Input the code.

Make sure you are on the TV source (not an HDMI source), and then point the remote at the TV and input the code: Mute, Vol Down, Ch Down, Mute.

Note: Mute is activated by pressing in on the Volume rocker.

No indicator will appear on screen after putting this code in. To test if the setting has changed, turn on a connected HDMI device.

3.) Repeat Step 2.