Original topic:

samsung soundbar hwf355 doesn't respond to tv remote

(Topic created: 04-04-2023 08:46 AM)
Itaied
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Hello

I have a home theater HWF-355/SQ that was connected to my UE50NU7400 for 4 years with optical cable. I could have control the volume from the remote control but not turning it on / off.

I got a new TV QE55Q80BATXSQ and connected the home theater the same way (optical cable). For 4 months it worked the same way (the new remote control didn't turn on / off the home theater but did control the volume).

A week ago it just stopped working. When trying to change the volume there is no response from the home theater, except for some life signs, like after many clicks the home theater display the volume.

I tried factory resetting the TV and even change the cable, but nothing helped. I tried connecting the home theater to the old TV, and the old behavior did work (controlling the volume but not the power).

Why is this happening and what can we do to fix it?

When pairing the home theater to the remote control I pick the exact model but the test fails.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

I would suggest making sure that both the TV and the soundbar are up to date as well as maybe a power cycle (unplugging and replugging). If those don't work, I suggest contacting Samsung customer support and having them see if there's something on their end they can do. Your products aren't US models so you'll need to contact Samsung for your area. You can use the following link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry  

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

I would suggest making sure that both the TV and the soundbar are up to date as well as maybe a power cycle (unplugging and replugging). If those don't work, I suggest contacting Samsung customer support and having them see if there's something on their end they can do. Your products aren't US models so you'll need to contact Samsung for your area. You can use the following link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry  

0 Likes