Original topic:

Bespoke 4-Door Flex Fridge RF29A9675AP/AA Making Loud Buzzing Noise

(Topic created: 08-10-2023 02:14 PM)
WasabiPeas
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello,

My Bespoke 4-Door Flex fridge has recently started to make a buzzing/humming noise. This fridge used to be completely silent and it was the quietest fridge I have ever owned. I don't know if the buzzing is happening during a defrost cycle or not but the sound lasts for hours and occurs randomly throughout the day. I made a video of the noise and here's the link: https://youtu.be/QNekXjP9CMM

Also when I purchased my Bespoke fridge on 9-12-2021, there was a special promotion for Bespoke appliances where the warranty was increased to two years. When I go into my profile on Samsung.com, the fridge is showing that the warranty expired in 2022 but it's suppose to be under warranty until 2023. My fridge was delivered on 11-7-2021 so my warranty should be valid until 11-7-2023.  Please advise on what I need to do to get my fridge working perfectly again. Thank you.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hey there! There are a bunch of different noises that are considered normal to be coming from the fridge. However, I can understand that some noises can be a bit concerning. Check out the following link to figure out if the noise you're hearing is normal or not: Understand the noises coming from your refrigerator

The cooling issue that is happening, there can also be a number of things causing this. We have a solved thread here in the community addressing this: Cooling issues on Fridge/Freezer

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Replies
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
The noise is the fan it kicks into high on rapid cool or when it's bringing the temp down etc. It is very normal for you to hear it. As far as if it's a little louder than normal maybe some dust goes in there or the fan needs lubrication etc. Try blowing out the vent area with a blower if possible and see if it helps. If you are handy and know what you are doing it might be possible to apply lubrication
0 Likes
WasabiPeas
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Thanks for responding. I took off the lower cover and everything is nice and clean. I took another video so you can see the sound is coming from the compressor area. here's the link: https://youtu.be/5Oh5lh3o8ys

Also I like to keep a thermometer in the fridge and freezer and the freezer is consistently close to or exactly at the temperature I've set which is -2F. The thermometer in the fridge area has mostly shown temps in the mid to upper 40's all day today. I set my fridge to 37F and the temperature shown is usually around 38F down to a low of 34F. Sometimes it's in the low 40s but that's probably when the fridge is in a defrost cycle. Today the buzzing/humming noise has been going on almost all day long and the fridge temp is currently at 48F. I took a pic of that too. This pattern has been going on for a few weeks now. I'm concerned that my food isn't being kept in a safe temperature zone. IMG-1875.jpg

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hey there! There are a bunch of different noises that are considered normal to be coming from the fridge. However, I can understand that some noises can be a bit concerning. Check out the following link to figure out if the noise you're hearing is normal or not: Understand the noises coming from your refrigerator

The cooling issue that is happening, there can also be a number of things causing this. We have a solved thread here in the community addressing this: Cooling issues on Fridge/Freezer

0 Likes
WasabiPeas
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Well the fridge was noisy all day yesterday and every time I checked the thermometer inside the fridge compartment the temperature never went below 48F. This morning the thermometer showed that, eventually, the fridge got as high as 52F! It did get colder, though, and got down to 38F but now it's back up to almost 44F. It's like the fridge gets into some extended defrost cycle that lasts for hours and hours along with the constant buzzing noise. This fridge was completely quiet and never made any buzzing or humming noise for the first year. Now it's noisy very often and I don't think it's keeping my food at a safe temperature. 

IMG-1878.jpg