Original topic:

Flex Duo Burner Turns on Randomly

(Topic created: 08-07-2022 04:32 AM)
user4EuzU9F9LC
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello,

I purchased a Samsung flex duo electric slide in stove 4 years ago. One of the burners keep turning on randomly without even touching the knob. The knob is in the off position yet the red light indicator and the fan are on. The burner itself is cold to the touch and  doesn't seem to be heating. I read some posts that this seems to be a common problem with these appliances. What can I do to fix it since this seems to be a fire hazard. Can this be fixed and how. I was wondering that a child protective knob cover  would help temporarily. Anyone tried it?

thanks,

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi there, I can definitely understand the concern here. For safety in this situation, we would recommend unplugging the range (or flipping the circuit breaker) until the unit can be serviced. We would be happy to further assist you with this in a private message so that we can obtain the necessary information. Please reach out to one of the moderators here in a private message with the following information: 

Full name:
Address:
Email address:
Contact Number:
Place of purchase:

Model Number: 

Serial Number: 

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi there, I can definitely understand the concern here. For safety in this situation, we would recommend unplugging the range (or flipping the circuit breaker) until the unit can be serviced. We would be happy to further assist you with this in a private message so that we can obtain the necessary information. Please reach out to one of the moderators here in a private message with the following information: 

Full name:
Address:
Email address:
Contact Number:
Place of purchase:

Model Number: 

Serial Number: