JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Microwave Turns On By Itself and inputs 7

(Topic created: 08-20-2021 01:25 PM)
userjgk2hv7Ofp
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have power cycled it 3 times.  Helps for an hour or two and then it beeps and does it again.  Model ME21M706BAG

userXwcaAePZx1
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We purchased this microwave in 2018 along with several other Samsung appliances for our new home. Every one of the appliances have had issues & I will never purchase another Samsung product! About a year after the purchase of the microwave, it began randomly beeping & setting the keypad to 7. Of course, the warranty had expired by then & the Samsung help line claimed not to have heard of this issue (although it’s the very first thing that comes up when Googling this microwave) Now, the microwave has progressed to setting itself to 777 is TURNING ITSELF ON (sometimes in the middle of the night & probably when no one is home) Additionally, it occasionally turns the the fan on (always on high & usually in the dead of night)  Is there an actual fix for this issue or am I simply going to have to bite the bullet & buy a new, non-Samsung, microwave before this one burns the house down? 

SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I will be happy to look in to your case. Please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Taaron
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
I'm amazed that the 777 because that is the number that God gave to man. As for **bleep** his number is 666.
0 Likes
Taaron
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
I don't know why **bleep** gets blue twin over I say **bleep** which I just typed so if it comes up with a Stars there bleeping **bleep** is a bad word. Very interesting don't know what else about your things going on but maybe they're possessed. Everything I have is made by Samsung and I love them all. No glitches or witches.
0 Likes
userrhQdgrwjYB
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We purchased this microwave in 2018 along with several other Samsung appliances for our new home. Every one of the appliances have had issues & I will never purchase another Samsung product! About a year after the purchase of the microwave, it began randomly beeping & setting the keypad to 7. Of course, the warranty had expired by then & the Samsung help line claimed not to have heard of this issue (although it’s the very first thing that comes up when Googling this microwave) Now, the microwave has progressed to setting itself to 777 is TURNING ITSELF ON (sometimes in the middle of the night & probably when no one is home) Additionally, it occasionally turns the the fan on (always on high & usually in the dead of night)  Is there an actual fix for this issue or am I simply going to have to bite the bullet & buy a new, non-Samsung, microwave before this one burns the house down? 

0 Likes
SamsungLarry
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I can definitely understand how frustrating this may be. When the unit starts does it heat up? As we would like to gather additional information and look at this from a case by case basis please provide the full model code and the serial number of the device as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email.  

Send a message on Facebook 

Send Message on Twitter 

Send Message to Moderator

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userItGWQwaWbQ
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My microwave keeps beeping and showing one or more "7s".  The fan also starts on its own and always on high.  I've woke up to it 3 times in the last 2 weeks.  It's been serviced once for this problem.  It seems like the problem is well-known so are there any recalls or service bulletins  to fix it?

0 Likes
SamsungStephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello, I apologize you're having this issue. I am more than happy to assist if you are interested. First I will need you can send me a private message here: https://bit.ly/3p4UuiW with your full name, model and serial number, contact number, address, e-mail, place of purchase.

0 Likes
user7LoexOwomy
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I’ve seen several posts for a similar condition but haven’t seen a fix.  The issue has been ongoing for two years, going away for periods at a time, but most recently it’s happening 15-20 times a day and I am now concerned because I have read others reporting the units sometimes start itself.

is there a fix for this?

<IMAGE HIDDEN>

0 Likes
userpFTwAk1wg7
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

It started with a 7 displaying about a year ago. Didn't think it was a problem but now it's starting to run all by itself and overheating. I see there are a lot of people having the same problem. Obviously there is something wrong with the microwave built in 2016.

0 Likes