Original topic:

Tizen 6.0 Family Hub Update horrible

(Topic created: 10-17-2021 12:16 PM)
user9r9lnGiZXO
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

DC687C63-D1E9-4F31-BC89-60B7BDB6D744.png

Samsung has really messed up, my $3,000 fridge is useless to me now. Samsung created a new update Tizen 6 with Alexa now added but took away the Family Hub app access meaning you have to use Smart things app which isn’t very good. I can’t mirror my Samsung tv to the fridge anymore, I changed the water filter which won’t reset the notification, it erased all the pictures from my screen making it difficult to add more, SmartThings screen on the fridge freezes all the time, Ring door bell drains your battery because it’s constantly live. Shopping list hardly updates from my phone, the list goes on and on. This is very unacceptable from Samsung to advertise a fridge at the time I purchased and a year later almost all taken away. My wife accidentally updated to 6.0 thinking she was doing me a favor but of course I’m stuck with a fridge that can’t do the things I enjoyed. Samsung not everyone reads those disclaimers like kids and non technical people that might update something because a screen pop up appears. I would not recommend anyone to buy their smart hub refrigerators unless you want to waste your money.

24 Replies
bossrulez
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

is there a way to roll back the update ? its just so useless !!

0 Likes
SamsungStephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello, I apologize for your frustration regrettably, you will not be able to "rollback" to a previous software version once an update has been performed. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userZU0hGf96ve
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have never paid so much for a product and then have an update make it so useless.

Also there is no where I can find on the internet or Samsung's site that tells me what is the reason Alexa was not included in the update (the one thing that may have made this update bearable). 

My fridge is only 8 months old. 

The access to the USB is not functioning.

Everything on the screen has defaulted to pictures not of my family. 

The usefulness of accessing the shopping list remotely has become very cumbersome and does not work well with two accounts.

Uploading pictures can only be done one at a time.

No connectivity to any useful devices. All my appliances are  smart, the lights and plugs in the house are smart, the garage doors and thermostat is smart, they all work with Alexa a $50 dollar device but not with my $3K fridge. 

Samsung you better fix this or this will be the last time I buy any of your products.

user09xY5Cm5et
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Totally agree with your outrage. They wrecked the usefulness of the whole thing, which cost us a huge wad of money. The shopping list is useless now as you can't cross items off while you're shopping. I just replaced my Samsung Note 8 with an Apple iPhone 13, to start with. 

0 Likes
bossrulez
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

They seem to have dumb engineers who never used the **bleep** fridge, the shopping list is just plain useless as you cannot cross items off the list , I mean who comes up with a shopping list like that?

Also smartthings is supposed to be integrated with the fridge, but it does not even have an app, just an useless widget which is a pain to setup and does not refresh !!

0 Likes