Original topic:

microwave arbitrary malfunction

(Topic created: 03-25-2024 11:28 AM)
MickyB
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello...I have been dealing with my microwave that I originally purchased in Aug 2023. It has been replaced 3 times! Each unit eventually starts to randomly start rh-1, or .3 defrost, or the vent starts working and won't turn off. The service tech has been here 3 times since Jan. On Jan 10, they replaced the mother board and the door. After 3 weeks it started malfunctioning again. We had another service call on 3/1 but there was no error code so he told me to call/email/text when it happened again. 2 hrs later it started to malfunction so I texted him and sent him the video. No response. I started leaving call message/ additional texts...crickets. I called Samsung. After a call that lasted 1:48 I sent them all the videos so they had it on my record. They send they would send out a tech in order for me to receive an RA which allows me to get a replacement,ent of my choice.  The service tech who came out today. I showed him all the videos since 3/1. He called tech service to see what the next step was. He told me my videos weren't good enough because they don't show the EXACT PERIOD WHERE THE MALFUNCTION BEGINS! This means I have to be in front of my microwave 24/7 with my video running in order to capture a random event. He agreed it was stupid and impossible but that there was nothing he could do. I called Samsung and spoke to Rachel. She said the SAME THING...and stated it was impossible. She wanted to set up another service call and hopefully it will malfunction while they're here! 

I should never have bought Samsung but bear in mind this wasn't the unit I wanted. It was offered to me by Lowes because the unit I wanted was no longer available. But Samsung customer service is anything BUT service. I believe they know we have an issue that they can't resolve, so instead of issuing an RA in order for me to get a microwave of my choosing, they would rather make me suffer with this one. Buyer beware of Samsung!!! 

0 Replies