Original topic:

S90C OLED Screen Saver coming on constantly

(Topic created: 01-07-2024 05:39 PM)
Close59956
Asteroid
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Just got this TV a couple days ago. Whenever I am watching over the air channels the screen saver comes on every few minutes. Sometimes it takes awhile for it to start happening, but when it starts it comes on every minute or two. Anybody know how to fix this issue??? I seen another post on the S95 having the same issue. I need to figure this out soon so I can take this thing back if I have to. 

50 Replies
CorkedFour
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Same thing happens here. 

0 Likes
Stew9623
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

There is a good thread about this issue. It appears to have started around August after an update. After reading the thread and trying out some things, I've come to the conclusion that the issue is the ChatTogether app. It keeps installing and when not used, puts the TV in screen saver mode. I found when I see the popup on the right side of the screen to chat with others, it starts going into screen saver mode. I can go into apps and delete it and the issue will stop. However, the app automatically re-downloads itself, and it happens again. I see this behavior on live sports and NBC 1:00 p.m. (EST) news. I'm pretty sure this is the issue. However, Samsung is being closed-lipped about it.

Note there are other theories out there on this issue, but this is the one I've settled on. There is no word on a fix, so be aware if you keep this TV the issue may be around for a while. Good luck.

HikeMiked
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Thanks for the insights.  I gave that a try and it’s working so far (been five minutes).  If it keeps on happening, I’ll be sniffing the network traffic and block the tv from updating or installing apps at my router. 

0 Likes
Close59956
Asteroid
Options
LED and OLED TVs

I think you’re spot on with this. I delete this stupid unwanted app daily. The funny part is, on days where I forget or somebody else turns on the tv (of course without knowing this needs to be done), the screen saver comes on almost without fail. At this point, it seems this to be the problem and why Samsung does not fix the issue is beyond me!!

0 Likes
userqoiWcbgoTR
Constellation
Options