Original topic:

Odyssey G8 connection issues

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
rahulbharati
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I got odyssey G8 just 1 months ago. I have been noticing various issues. I have MacBook and windows laptop which I connect using thunderbolt. There is audio delay which is quite normal but it can be rectified by switching sources or restarting monitor. 

I built a new PC using RTX 4070 it was working fine but sometimes there's no display on DP occasionally and it even doesn't recognize it. Sometimes it will just say unsupported resolution. It worked with HDMI though but that to on low refresh rate. When I connect my laptop/mac using thunderbolt PC display is not visible completely. 

On PS5, the video resolution is locked till 2k but it does show the option for 4k (which is disabled).

I see there is no issue with the laptop or PC and other Samsung monitor owners have same complain. 

3 Replies
ddaniel51
Sun
Options
Monitors and Memory

Did you read your User Manual to see which compatible resolutions/refresh rates can be used by the PS5, PC, and Mac to display properly on the G8?

0 Likes
rahulbharati
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

The manual doesn't have anything for PS5 also PS5 doesn't show option if that isn't supported here it shows but is disabled. Mac always works fine but when I connect it will freeze it didn't happen on by odyssey g7 ever. Even after it connects there's a sound lag for which I need to turn off monitor and switch between speaker options to make sure it's working properly. 

Also please re-read the issue before directly saying something this. It makes us look look stupid and refrain from posting our issues. 

0 Likes
ddaniel51
Sun
Options
Monitors and Memory

The PS5 resolutions are designed for TV displays so you have to be sure the one you choose is acceptable to the G8.

0 Likes