Original topic:

Samsung Magician acting weird(?)

(Topic created: 08-13-2022 04:11 PM)
userIT5h35ShKg
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

A long while back, I bought two samsung ssd's (860 evo and 870 qvo) off ebay and transferred everything over to them ala macrium reflect backups, I have had NO problems since then (side note: my desktop is a dell xps 8700, can only use HDD/SSHD/2.5" laptop sized SSD drives, no nvme capability). Here in the now, with samsung magician at version 7.1.1.820, I figured i'd run some scans with the app, so I ran both the short and full error checking tests and the short and extended s.m.a.r.t tests on my 860 evo, no problems. I go run the same battery of tests on my 870 qvo, no problems, yet when on the diagnostic scan section for my 870 qvo, if I put it to the smart scan choice, it says in red letter on the top right "Failing LBA"

Frankly im curious, so just to be safe I made doubly sure that the sata cables I bought years ago (longer ones with metal clips to keep secure) were properly set and not in a bad condition in any way, and a day after doing this, I ran another short test to be sure on the 870 qvo, nothing wrong, yet the Failing LBA text still persists. Now if I HAVE to, I can spend the money for a new SSD, but frankly i'd love to hold off on that if I dont NEED to. I do weekly backups of my computer using macrium reflect, with verify file system and enable TRIM selected on my macrium reflect options, onto three HDD drives for redundancy reasons, so i do not feel in danger in losing anything so long as one of the backup mediums survives long enough.

I wanted to maybe clear this Failing LBA warning from samsung magician, so I uninstalled it using revo uninstaller pro, use other caps to clear any erroneous registry entries if any logs existed there, did more things, then reinstalled the app, and for some reason the previous samsung magician smart test logs were still there. is there any way for me to manually clear out the smart test logs for those drives and hopefully clear out that Failing LBA warning (which is total bupkis btw), or are those logs done in a way that is impossible to remove them manually (bar either fully erasing the drive, or physically destroying it). This is something i'd very much like input on, but at the same time I don't consider it an expedient issue

yeeis.png

0 Likes
0 Replies