JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Free Spotify & YouTube premium when pre-ordered my Note 10+

(Topic created: 08-29-2019 07:43 AM)
No0va
Constellation
Options
Note10

When I pre-ordered my note 10 + they said I'll get 6 month of free spotify and 4 months of free YouTube premium! But I can't redeem them somehow. They said to regularly get your subscription and it will automatically apply if you subbed on an eligible device which I did but nothing happened! Help?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Note10

@sparkydog1725

It most likely did not work because the Spotify subscription requires a new account and the YouTube premium requires that you have never used the YouTube premium trial before. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
11 Replies
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Note10

@No0va I believe this link here will help you with your issue. https://samsungpromotions.com/support/faq/happygalaxyday.html#seeAll

usertErB2RItaE
Astronaut
Options
Note10

that link doesn't work, nor does the chat support option.

Samsung_z81P0Pl
Astronaut
Options
Note10

Amazon

0 Likes
Samsung_z81P0Pl
Astronaut
Options
Note10

It great

0 Likes
sparkydog1725
Asteroid
Options
Note10

These are the most complicated, useless "premium" promos ever. There are many caveats for these promos that require the user to extensively search samsung.com for details. The user has to blindly search for a method to redeem these worthless promos - Samsung does not pro-actively offer any assistance.  For example, the Spotify promo requires you to open an account on the phone app then enter payment information, which I am certainly not willing to do. Tech support glibly assured me that I would not be billed although it is never mentioned in the order process.

Apparently, somewhere buried on Samsungs website, there is information stating that if you have ever had ANY premium subscriptions or trials for either of these services, you are ineligible for these promos. There is absolutely no transparency on Samsung's part when you decide to purchase a Note 10 after being promised these useless offers.
The Samsung invoice describes this as an $107.90 "discount" where in reality similar trial offers are available all over the internet with no purchase required. This whole deal is sketchy to me. They offer no value to the buyer.
I like the phone, though! 🤓

sparkydog1725
Asteroid
Options
Note10

Samsung censored my last post. So I will rephrase my naughty comment. "This whole deal is sketchy as tarnation to me." Better, SamsungAdam?  :chicken: :lollipop:

Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Note10

@sparkydog1725

It most likely did not work because the Spotify subscription requires a new account and the YouTube premium requires that you have never used the YouTube premium trial before. 

0 Likes
sparkydog1725
Asteroid
Options
Note10

Your experience makes me thankful that I did not attempt to redeem this promo. I was certain it would simply open a can of worms of issues. I'm sorry you are having this situation.

usernvja7CzAHt
Constellation
Options
Note10

I'm not sure why it didn't work for you. It worked perfectly for me on my s10. I have both free on my phone right now

0 Likes