JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Adding a second user profile for work?

(Topic created: 06-14-2023 02:32 PM)
FitzMcGee
Constellation
Options
Note20

I'd like to know if it's even possible to add a second user profile for work to my Galaxy Note 20 Ultra. I've tried exhaustively to search on this and everywhere I look it says "all versions of android allow multiple users" and even instructions specific to my current software version (Android 13/One UI 5.1) on how to do it. The only problem is that all the instructions are telling me to use menu options that ARE NOT THERE. When I open Settings, I do not have a System menu option, or User, or Multiple User anywhere to be found (even when searching). Is there a way to turn this on, or is it just not possible on my phone (even though it's right there plain as day on my son's suddenly superior Pixel 4), and if so, can I ask why one of your supposed "flagship" devices is lacking this ability when seemingly every other android device is?

Sorry but it's been a long day and I've gotten zero help on this. I'm an inch away from sledge hammering my entire relationship with Samsung products (which is about to happen with my next phone anyway if you don't bring back expandable storage).

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
PrimePixel
Comet
Options
Note20
Multiple Users for Samsung PHONES with ONE UI 5 are disabled. I've heard that they decided to scrap it on One UI 5 on phones since it kept breaking. It could also be to reduce space. But multiple users is still available on tablets as far as I'm aware of.

View solution in context

7 Replies
Solution
PrimePixel
Comet
Options
Note20
Multiple Users for Samsung PHONES with ONE UI 5 are disabled. I've heard that they decided to scrap it on One UI 5 on phones since it kept breaking. It could also be to reduce space. But multiple users is still available on tablets as far as I'm aware of.
Options
Note20
The quickest way to find out if you can do such a task. Go to settings click on the search magnifying glass. And type add user. If it pops up like it does on my Tab S8 Ultra. You are in luck. If not then you'll have to wait for Samsung’s input.

And I just tried this on my Fold 4 and it's a no go on adding another user
0 Likes
PrimePixel
Comet
Options
Note20
Unfortunately One UI 5 is the last software upgrade for the Note 20 series.
0 Likes
Options
Note20
That's a bummer I really like keeping my Note 20 Ultra updated. Since it's the Last Note of the Note Series
0 Likes
PrimePixel
Comet
Options
Note20
I also find it a bummer when it is totally capable of running ONE UI 6 including the S20 series.
0 Likes
-Cornelius-
Comet
Options
Note20
They have the Dual messenger for the one UI 5.1
0 Likes
FitzMcGee
Constellation
Options
Note20

Thank you all. I very much appreciate the help/feedback in confirming what I feared might be true. I still love my Note 20 but unfortunately without that feature it will mean either carrying two phones or switching to another device that doesn't have this issue. Although I suppose I could just find a different job lol. 

Thanks again!