JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Individual contact text notification sounds

(Topic created: 11-11-2023 10:17 PM)
Nyssacatz
Asteroid
Options
Note20
A long time ago, there used to be an option in the individual contact to assign a different notification sound for texts for that specific contact, the way we currently assign different ring tones for each contact. I dont know why that went away. Now we are forced to add it on an existing text conversation. The problem with that is in order to keep those assigned notification sounds I have to keep the text conversations for all those assigned. If those conversations are cleared from the texts, it also removes the assigned sound and so the next time i get their text, it's back at default sound. I would then have to set it all over again. I would like to be able to clean out my text conversations and still keep the individual sounds for the next time they text me. I hate having to keep all these conversations just to save that setting. Can you please restore that feature in the contacts?? 🙏 Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Note20

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback

View solution in context

4 Replies
Options
Note20
I know huh beautiful. Everything is not going as well with our mobile devices nowadayz
0 Likes
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Note20

To change the ringtone of a contact all you have to do is open your contact list and select a contact then in the bottom right click the 3 dots More and select Change ringtone/Vibration and you can change it to what you want for each of your contacts 

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like the post.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓ to Accept as Solution button.
0 Likes
Nyssacatz
Asteroid
Options
Note20
I know this. I actually implied that in my post when i said "the way we currently assign different ring tones for each contact". If you read it again you'll notice I am referring to text ringtones. Not call ringtones. I also specified it in the subject line "text notifications sound" but thanks for responding.
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Note20

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback