JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Device Care Force Closes Blokada VPN

(Topic created: 04-01-2023 08:23 AM)
userdVD7MbCsCx
Constellation
Options
Note20
I am having an issue where Samsung Device Care is constantly force closing the Blokada, VPN app on my Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra (Snapdragon, Android 13). Device Care is aware that Blokada is installed on my phone as it keeps track of Blokada's Battery Usage; however, it does not give me the option to add Blokada to a Background Usage Limit List (Sleeping Apps, Deep Sleeping Apps, and Never Sleeping Apps). I need help getting Device Care to allow me to add Blokada to the Never Sleeping Apps list. I'm honestly suspicious that Samsung may be preventing this in order to let its ads and trackers through, along with those of third-party companies. As with all tech companies, Samsung profits off of user data by using it for advertising and selling it to third-parties. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Note20

Hello, We understand how frustrating it is when an app is force closed. To add Blokada to never sleeping apps, follow these steps:

1. Open Phone Settings

2. Open Battery and device care and tap on Battery

3. Tap Background usage limits, and then tap Never Sleeping apps

4. Tap the plus sign + at the top, then scroll down and select Blokada

5. Tap Add

View solution in context

2 Replies
JCells
Halo
Options
Note20

Have you tried going to settings, then apps, then find the vpn, then under app info, battery, then choose do not optimize or unrestricted?

I help Samsung device users during my free time. Thank you for being respectful.
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Note20

Hello, We understand how frustrating it is when an app is force closed. To add Blokada to never sleeping apps, follow these steps:

1. Open Phone Settings

2. Open Battery and device care and tap on Battery

3. Tap Background usage limits, and then tap Never Sleeping apps

4. Tap the plus sign + at the top, then scroll down and select Blokada

5. Tap Add