Original topic:

A10 Feedback on the new update of One Core UI 3.1

(Topic created: 07-29-2021 05:40 PM)
user3IMHGTuw5B
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hi Samsung Support Team, 

I just updated my phone software to One Core UI 3.1 and I find the new update is a bit disappointing.
I often use 'split screen view' to run more than 2 apps simultaneously but the new update is failing to satisfy me because:
1. Now I have to choose ONLY ONE app to be split screen with, and both apps are attached as one running program
2. The new update PREVENTS me to open and explore my apps simultaneously. For example, when I split my YouTube screen with other app and I tap one of the navigation buttons the YouTube video I play will be paused automatically! It is really UNCOMFORTABLE, because now I CAN NOT OPEN AND CHOOSE more than 1 app on the bottom of split screen view without disturbing the app I already opened on the top of split screen view.

Please immediately fix it, honestly I prefer the previous update for split screen view options. Thank you!

2 Replies
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Other Mobile Devices

@user3IMHGTuw5B 

"...when I split my YouTube screen with other app and I tap one of the navigation buttons the YouTube video I play will be paused automatically!"

Try this:

1. Go to the Galaxy Store.
  2. Download Samsung's Good Lock app.
  3. Open the Good Lock app and install Multistar.
  4. Open Multistar and enable "Multi Focus"
0 Likes
TheGalaxy
Black Hole
Options
Other Mobile Devices
That doesn't resolve the issue. I reported this issue many time but got no respond.
Multitasking in 2.5 is far more superior and intuitive that 3.1. In 2.5
When there are two apps running in multitasking, and when you hit the recent button, you can hold one app in place and choose the other app from the app drawer. But in 3.1, hitting the recent button, puts both app in the background causing to choose the other app again.
I don't know what the developers were thinking, or maybe this is out of their hand and something built in to the android 11, but this is not intuitive at all.
For this reason alone I kept one of my note 10 plus in 2.5 and didn't update it.
0 Likes