Original topic:

A53 keeps crashing

(Topic created: 06-09-2023 09:56 PM)
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I bought my wife an A53 in March from the Samsung store and within the past 2 days, she's been experiencing the phone freezing up and then shutting down. After that, the phone will not restart unless soft rebooted. But today it happened twice within an hour and now it is unresponsive. The phone was at 77% battery during this last use. However, now when the device is plugged in, nothing is displayed on the screen. Are there any recommendations, before I open up a repair/replacement ticket?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options
Other Mobile Devices
UPDATE: I created a ticket with Samsung and sent them the phone. They had to replace the motherboard. It's been working fine since then. It is still under warranty so I'm not sure what the out-of-pocket cost would be for this type of repair.

View solution in context

5 Replies
Atlas82
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Have you started the phone in safe mode yet?
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I was going to try that this last time but it hasn't restarted. It is as if the phone is bricked. The phone has no mods or 3rd party launchers with minimal use.
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I just got my wife the A54 5G works good
HappinessLove
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Having the same issue, but phone shows its charging. Have you gotten this resolved?
Solution
Options
Other Mobile Devices
UPDATE: I created a ticket with Samsung and sent them the phone. They had to replace the motherboard. It's been working fine since then. It is still under warranty so I'm not sure what the out-of-pocket cost would be for this type of repair.