Original topic:

App Notification can't be turned on

(Topic created: 03-21-2024 07:16 AM)
JasonWTIue4zNch
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Galaxy A54 5G Can someone tell me how to or why I can't turn on notifications for a specific app? The app info says notifications blocked. When I go into the notifications settings and toggle on notifications, back out, then go back into the notification settings for that app, notifications are turned off again and the app info says notifications blocked and the toggle button is grayed out. Also I've checked for notification settings in the app. They are enabled in the app.

0 Likes
23 Replies
Toasterer
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Strange -- I also have this device, what is this "survey" app? I can try to reproduce it.
0 Likes
JasonWTIue4zNch
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices
It's a Gig worker app
0 Likes
JasonWTIue4zNch
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices
This isn't a spam post or anything of the sort. The link was the easiest way. Or simply search for Merchandiser by Survey in your app store. 1711063685503.jpg
0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Do you have notifications from the app blocked on the phone?  That may affect whether notifications can be sent to the watch.

0 Likes
JasonWTIue4zNch
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I dont have a watch. The phone will not let me enable notifications for the app. After I enable them the phone automatically disables them immediately after I toggle the button that enables notifications from that app.
0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Instead of going to the notification settings (where you are obviously showing the screen shots of), go to your settings/apps/<app name>/notifications, and make sure notifications are enabled.  My guess is that they are disabled in that section which is why it is turned off in "app notifications".  Don't forget that once you enable notifications, there are notification categories you have to check through and enable.  It's not enough just to enable notifications.  Sometimes apps like that have only one notification category, others have many.

If that fails, try uninstalling the app, rebooting your phone and reinstalling it.

I can't see any reason you should not be able to allow notifications for an app.  You can also just try deleting the cache in settings/apps/<app name>/storage and see if that helps before uninstalling.

0 Likes
JasonWTIue4zNch
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices
The phone has only 1 place to enable notifications. It doesn't matter how you get to that 1 place. The long way or the short way from the notifications settings link from the notifications bar pull down. They both take you to the same settings page.
0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
Other Mobile Devices

No, it does not only have one place.  I have an A54 as well.  If you go to settings/apps/<app name>/notifications, you will see whether notifications are allowed or blocked.  If it does not say allowed, click on the setting and allow notifications and don't forget to check the notification categories.

The section you are showing (which is completely different) lets you select which apps (of those for which you enabled notifications) are allowed to actually send you the notifications.Screenshot_20240325_090054_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20240325_090115_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
JasonWTIue4zNch
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices
If you notice my screen shots or my video they are blocked and I can not enable them. The phone automatically turns them back off after I toggle the switch to enable them.
0 Likes